Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: silver england find
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hey everyone I am back and got a couple pictures to share. This first one is my favorite
[attachment=7917]
Here is one of my great finds from my recent detecting trip to england. It is a 10-40 AD Cunobelin Celtic silver unit

Sitting Griffin type - CVNO in tablet, wreath border

Griffin right on tablet containing CAMV - Classed as Extremely Rare
Saaaaweeeeet!! Good job man! You must be ecstatic with that find! It's so hard to wrap your mind around the age isn't it. How different things were then, what the person looked like who dropped it, what they had to go through to even get it in the first place, the history that walked over it for 2000 years!! So cool! Congratulations! !
That's f'ing incredible. So awesome you're able to get to england and detect. And find such a amazing find. I'm glad you got such a incredible coin! Can't wait to see the rest! Thanks for sharing and congrats on the successful trip
Yes it was a great feeling when I seen it come out of the ground. I just knew it was great as I have never found anything like it. There are lots of different designs from this emperor but this design there is only one other coin so far like it.
I wish I could have stayed longer as it was so much fun. So I will have to wait till next year before I get to do it again. I cannot wait
One fabulous coin and one very memorable trip! I have to be honest and say that I really envy those fellas detecting across the pond. They have so much history underneath their feet. Great find and thank you for sharing Steve!

I'd also say that's a banner for sure!

Ed/ODF
Holy have to say it SHIT Stevo. That is a most incredible coin relic. Hope that makes Banner definitely worthyYesBeer
Hey Steveo , congrats on your great find. Did you go with a group or by yourself?
WOw !!!!!  Knowing you get to go back has got to have you counting down the days , what a great find . 
   Does having found something that old ruin you for finding our relatively new coins over here?
   I don't know if I get a vote , but I think it belongs in the banner.
   Thanks for sharing it with us.
Pat
(03-24-2016 08:33 AM)Digsit Wrote: [ -> ]   Does having found something that old ruin you for finding our relatively new coins over here?
Pat

Ha, that's a very valid question! I can only speak for myself, so, no, I don't think it would ruin finding anything newer, but I would constantly be chasing something that old again...even if only in my dreams, lol.

Steve, we here in the US of A cannot even comprehend a find that old. That my friend, is surely a 'Holy Grail' type of find for a detectorist. STUNNING!!!!!!!!!!

Banner all the way Yes

Joe
Well when I got back I drove to Virginia. too look for civil war stuff. The whole time I was wishing I stayed the extra week. But now I am back home and we just got 5 inches of snow so when that's gone it will be back to reality and find the silver again.
This trip was with a club I belong to in England its the Colchester treasure hunting club http://www.colchestertreasurehunting.co.uk/home.htm here is a link if you want to look at some more of there finds. The week I was there we had about 40 other detectorist from USA and Canada

(03-24-2016 08:33 AM)Digsit Wrote: [ -> ]WOw !!!!!  Knowing you get to go back has got to have you counting down the days , what a great find . 
   Does having found something that old ruin you for finding our relatively new coins over here?
   I don't know if I get a vote , but I think it belongs in the banner.
   Thanks for sharing it with us.
Pat
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's