Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: my oldest coin yet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey gang!! Well very nice day today at the farm ( firmly believe virgin ground ) i found some colonial. 1787 CT copper and a 1745 KG. The KG is the oldest coin i have found in my 4years digging.  The last picture is all the coins just from there to show the land owner soon. Front row ih and shield nickel. Next is half cents and a 2 center next is all largies and last all colonial,mass copper and todays finds. Happy hunting guys and gals[attachment=7920][attachment=7921][attachment=7922][attachment=7923][attachment=7924]
And remember for new folks to this hobby.  To obtain permission expect to hear the word no. But don't let that stop you from trying again,
Great post Scott and congrats on your oldest coin! Killer site you're on!
Congrats Scott on your finds !
Way to go Scott! I'm happy for you man! Its awesome seeing all these great finds you're pulling out of there! Keep up the amazing work and congrats on you're oldest coin! Best of luck Sunday! Keep em coming! Thanks for sharing man and once again, awesome finds! Super happy for you!
Awesome! We don't get finds that old here in Michigan , well at least I don't.
Thanks for sharing and I hope to see more great finds from you.
Pat
This is fantastic Scott!  I have watched your progress on this site and have said several times that I think you are in store for some really big finds. I think you are right---it looks to be an untouched site. It's a rare opportunity to be able to open a time capsule, no other way to put it.  I'd like to encourage you to document as much as you can--videos, photos, maps, research; whatever you can manage to do to preserve the record. That's the old archaeologist in me speaking. Congratulations and well done!
VERY NICE, Mr. Ice!!!!! Congrats on beating a personal best Yes Beer Happy

I love virgin ground! As long as they're of age, save a few for me, buddy!!! Chuckle

Joe
Great old coins Scott! You are definitely in some sort of zone there. I have this feeling that once you get all that big copper out of the way you'll start latching on to more of those whisper silver signals! I hope you're using the smallest coil you have. That'll be the kicker to squeak em' out. Great hunt and best of luck to you on further attempts!

Ed
Nice finds Scott. I like virgins too!
Gerry
Nice Finds Scott and Congratulations! Keep'em coming and GL!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's