Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Deteknix Wireless Headphones Test
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Heard about the happy people who no longer have to wear a big, heavy, hot in the summer pair of wired headphones.....
I never thought too much about it as they are the only type I have used since the early 1970's. Kept on using them.
Recently I also converted a wireless gaming headset to make it usable with my AKA Berkut. Along with working great,
there was a sense of nakedness not being directly connected to the metal detector. Wow, this is great......should have went this route
long ago.

Received from Deteknix a pair of their wireless headphones to test out. One of our club members purchased a set a number of months ago
and he loves them. This was a good chance for me to actually see what I thought about them.

First thing noticed, when opening the box is the headphones and all accessories come in a neat zippered hard case. Really makes for an excellent
place to store everything when not in use and keep it all safe, in one place.

The headphones themselves are on the small size, like those young people walking around listening to an MP3 player. Super lightweight, fit snug and comfortable around the head
without the bulky feel of full size headphones.

The transmitter is very small, flat and compact. You will find on the bottom of the transmitter a very nice feature, the bottom is flat with a concave section right down the length of its center.
Good thinking on the designers part..... This allows the transmitter to be mounted anywhere along the length of any round tube handle section, middle rod without sliding right or left and then falling off.

You also get two USB charger cables, one for the TX and one for the RX (headphones), a USB wall charger, 1/8" to 1/4" phono jack adapter. Charging is as easy as it can get.............

One thing you hear about when trying wireless headphones with a detector is lag or signal delay. The time it takes for the signal to be transmitted from the TX to the headphones when the detector detects a
target. Hard to find a pair of wireless without some lag. Was ready to give the Deteknix set a whirl on a number of detectors I have.

The results I came up with:
** Did not notice any lag
** Audio was crisp and clean, matched very closely to what the detector sounded like thru the detectors speaker
** Adjustable volume control for each ear
** I like them!!

Not much more to say about them, except if you want to go wireless, give these a try.
[attachment=7944]
Thanks for the info Sven. Sounds like the way to go. I have wanted to try something like this for awhile but I'm just not active enough now that it makes much difference to me. I do however use the super light earphones and a modified longer cable so that I don't sweat in the heat or have my phones jerked off when I set the detector down or move about while digging.
Plus for those that already have headphones but want to go wireless. Deteknix has another option.
(03-26-2016 10:20 AM)Sven TreasureLinx Wrote: [ -> ]Plus for those that already have headphones but want to go wireless. Deteknix has another option.

I rarely go for anything new in this hobby, as I basically use what works for me, and if it isn't broke, no need to fix it, however...

I WILL be getting this!!! I have no hang-up's (lol) about using wired headphones, but the freedom of being wireless is just too good to pass up...especially at the price point these are being offered at.

Thanks for posting the great vid, Sven Yes

Joe
Sweet deal man. I'll keep this in mind when I'm ready to upgrade. I'd love to go wireless for sure. Thanks for sharing man
Reference URL's