Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Stripper migration and my first seasons favorite catch!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I'm hearing and seeing the migration is coming earlier due to the warmer weather obviously. Actually already partially here in south jersey. I'm pretty excited. I started salt water fishing last year as well but about 6-8 months before detecting. I'm pretty excited to be doing both soon. Gonna be a fun filled year! Best of luck to all the other fishermen! <>< <><

Sadly last year I wasn't able to get any strippers. Just bluefish, tog, red drum, flounder and...sharks. Which I wanted nothing to do with at first but they are fun to catch and release.

This was my favorite catch from last year. Its a brown shark and it is alive. Its around 40-50lbs if I had to guess as you can see she was struggling to hold it up. Around 5ft long. I followed procedures to make sure of its survival so don't worry and I was aware and she was aware it can be dangerous to hold it YesYesBeerBeer
BOTH great catches Wink Very cool bud! I've landed a couple of small mud sharks, but nothing like that. Stripers still elude me but hopeful this year. Well done! Dangerous but such a beautiful fish
Never done any shore fishing other than blue crabbing with chicken necks and pole nets down on the Maryland shore years and years ago. That was a lot of fun and a great treat! I always wanted to shore fish but was never near the shore long enough to make a plan. Otherwise fished freshwater trout and smallmouth all my life throughout PA and OH.

That's a great shot of that shark! And that one keeper with the smile holding the fish! Excellent that you are a put em' backer. Last time I went fishing I landed an old Steely, 29" @ 8 #'s. By the time he was done with the fight he was half dead. Gave him to a buddy and he smoked it for me. That was the last time I went fishing.

Good luck with the Striper fishing but I think the strippers moved from the shore and are somewhere along the I-95 corridor between NYC and DC!

At least last time I remember. Chuckle

Ed
Lmao, my bad. Honest mistake. Mind was elsewhere I guess!

Thanks relic and good luck this year!

Ed, I love crabbing. Its enjoyable! I've never fished for trout or small mouth or large mouth. As a child growing up I'd always go perch/sunny fishing. And three years ago I discovered how fun catfishing is. So I got into that and caught some monsters and wanted to catch bigger fish so started salt water. Congrats on the nice steely Yes

I'll be sure to keep a eye out on the stripper migration on i-95! I hope I can find them!
(03-27-2016 09:47 AM)Zachbl92 Wrote: [ -> ]Lmao, my bad. Honest mistake. Mind was elsewhere I guess!

Ed, I love crabbing. Its enjoyable! I've never fished for trout or small mouth or large mouth. As a child growing up I'd always go perch/sunny fishing. And three years ago I discovered how fun catfishing is. So I got into that and caught some monsters and wanted to catch bigger fish so started salt water. Congrats on the nice steely Yes

I'll be sure to keep a eye out on the stripper migration on i-95! I hope I can find them!

So while you were catfishing how many cats did you get? Lol! I've never been fishing so don't know what these stripers you're talking about are. Gl and hh and I guess happy fishing as well
Zach,

Nice picture of your lady and the man eater. Not sure how brown shark taste. But black tip sharks are always keepers. But you have to preserve the meat super fast. By bleeding the shark (Cut throat, and tail off) and gutting it. then just cut from the back of head to the tail taking the steaks. Get them on ice right after this procedure. Sharks spoil faster than any other fish. They piss (toxics) thru their skin.

Now what gives metal detecting a run for the money. (opinion) Is a nice off-shore fishing trip catching snappers and groupers and drinking a few beers with friends.

[attachment=7957]
(03-27-2016 09:47 AM)Zachbl92 Wrote: [ -> ]Lmao, my bad. Honest mistake. Mind was elsewhere I guess!

Ha, I saw the title and got all excited, thought they'd make a pit stop in my neck of the woods!!! Chuckle

Nice Yes Beautiful fish, but the young lady is more so. Those are 2 great catches, Zach, don't let'm get away Yes

(03-29-2016 07:22 PM)updownup Wrote: [ -> ]Zach,

Nice picture of your lady and the man eater. Not sure how brown shark taste. But black tip sharks are always keepers. But you have to preserve the meat super fast. By bleeding the shark (Cut throat, and tail off) and gutting it. then just cut from the back of head to the tail taking the steaks. Get them on ice right after this procedure. Sharks spoil faster than any other fish. They piss (toxics) thru their skin.

Now what gives metal detecting a run for the money. (opinion) Is a nice off-shore fishing trip catching snappers and groupers and drinking a few beers with friends.

That's a great picture, Up! Where were you fishing at?

Joe
Sweet pic up! I've never been able to go off shore yet! But I've done charters for flounder and stuff. I bet its a great time!
Sorry Joe, sorry to disappoint! But yes, gonna keep onto these keepers as long as possible!
Zach where I'm from in Louisiana we can do in 10 minutes what people will spends thousands doing. We go stand by an over pass. Wait for the tide to come in (salt water) throw out our lines and limit out with redfish. We go home , clean and eat. Want shrimp ? No problem. Get a cast net. A few throws. 40lbs of shrimp. Go home. Shrimp fry for Cajun po boys. I miss living there. I go back as often as I can.
That sounds like a crazy fun time! That's insane! I wanna visit! Lol
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's