Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Morning beach/woods hunt
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Went to the beach this morning with a friend to get a little detecting in. Took advantage since I was in his neck of the woods for Easter weekend. The beach didn't yield anything for us, except a clay pipe stem and the opportunity to chew the fat with a couple other detectorists. It was a great chat and some stories were shared. After they left, we stayed on the beach for a bit, and after digging a copious amount of can slaw, decided to move into the woods. I nailed a 1907 LC right off the hop. Then came a nice little victorian brooch with a yellow stone. It was a double header, because as I was digging the brooch, my buddy was digging an indian head penny. As far as keepers go, the only other thing I dug was a flat cuff button, then that's all she wrote. He and I ended up getting separated and by the time I realized he wasn't within view, he was already at his vehicle and leaving :lmfao: Oops. I left right behind him and plan on meeting up again soon to hit a Victorian house that my uncles friend bought. Stay tuned for that one! Thanks for looking and HH

[Image: 14591994511710_zpspagnj5h5.jpg]

[Image: 14591994670471_zpswn64fwor.jpg]

[Image: 14591994865342_zpsp1gmax02.jpg]

[Image: 14591995094080_zps5zin96gd.jpg]

[Image: 14591995206531_zpsxgz4wojd.jpg]
(03-28-2016 05:34 PM)RelicMedic Wrote: [ -> ]Went to the beach this morning with a friend to get a little detecting in. Took advantage since I was in his neck of the woods for Easter weekend. The beach didn't yield anything for us, except a clay pipe stem and the opportunity to chew the fat with a couple other detectorists. It was a great chat and some stories were shared. After they left, we stayed on the beach for a bit, and after digging a copious amount of can slaw, decided to move into the woods. I nailed a 1907 LC right off the hop. Then came a nice little victorian brooch with a yellow stone. It was a double header, because as I was digging the brooch, my buddy was digging an indian head penny. As far as keepers go, the only other thing I dug was a flat cuff button, then that's all she wrote. He and I ended up getting separated and by the time I realized he wasn't within view, he was already at his vehicle and leaving  :lmfao:   Oops. I left right behind him and plan on meeting up again soon to hit a Victorian house that my uncles friend bought. Stay tuned for that one!  Thanks for looking and HH

[Image: 14591994511710_zpspagnj5h5.jpg]

[Image: 14591994670471_zpswn64fwor.jpg]

[Image: 14591994865342_zpsp1gmax02.jpg]

[Image: 14591995094080_zps5zin96gd.jpg]

[Image: 14591995206531_zpsxgz4wojd.jpg]
Nice finds, is that brooch silver? If so could be yellow diamond or emerald stone! Gl and hh!
Unfortunately it's gold plate over copper and I think the stone is cut glass
Great stuff. One old coin always makes my day.
Man that's a nice brooch Relic!! Nice find! Congrats on the 07 LC too!

Ed
Naaaaice! Keep it up YesYes
Still great finds congrats
Great great finds. That broach is sick looking. Thanks for sharing your day with great finds.
Nice pulls, RM!!! Love the brooch!!! Did all that snow melt up there already?!

Joe
(03-28-2016 05:54 PM)RelicMedic Wrote: [ -> ]Unfortunately it's gold plate over copper and I think the stone is cut glass

OK still a great find,though!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's