Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Anyone try the Deteknix wireless transmitters?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I see Sven has had a good experience with the wireless headphones.  Early on there seemed to be people complaining about battery life and disconnects with the basic wireless system.  Has anyone tried them lately and are the problems solved, how do they sound, what detector have you used them with?  Thanks.
My friend in the UK has the older set:

"Sven,I have had a set of these headphones since Christmas,decided to treat myself and they are very good and work exactly as you have described them audio wise,but I do have a little gripe with them but only 2 minor ones,the biggest one out of the 2 was the fact that instead of the 2 usb cable connector plugs for the transmitter and headphones I have just one,the headphones are fine as they have the micro usb charging port but the transmitter has that el-cheapo horrible magnetic connector.In theory it sound a good idea,but in practice unless you get the connector spot on and you dont have much to knock the connector of the magnetic connection.

Why both the 2 charging ports had not been usb is beyond me from day one,as I understand it they are the better designed micro usb connector on both items,i would not have mind if they had been a year or 2 old but these are not just 3-4 months before they changed over,so basically what I am saying is that I was one of the last old style batch owner's who bought one.Not all that happy on that front.

The other smaller gripe is the 6 hour battery life,normal detecting time during the summer time or when the weather is good is about 8 hours detecting time,so basically if one was detecting all day long then they will close down about the 6 hour mark,of course if you go back to your car for lunch or a cup of tea then you could top the battery life up from the car or battery bank that one can buy,but that is additional cost or inconvenience.

They certainly are a very good detecting accessory and i cannot notice any lag or audio quality loss,well non that i can find anyway,the cost over here in the UK from the main dealer is about on par with a high quality set of wired detecting headphones,which is not bad and you also loose the cable snagging problems, I paid the full price and at the time was very happy with the product,but over the last month or 2 almost identical setup using the same headphones and layout as the Deteknix ones and do exactly the same thing using basically the same components but at a greatly reduced price,if  I was able to wind the clock back to Christmas again then I would have gone down the cheaper item route,my loyalty I must admit is towards my pocket and if I can make a massive saving then the cheaper option suits me fine.

Once again a very good review from your good self and overall I am happy with them and they should last me a long time,the very latest offering of the headphones is the one that you can use your old favourite headphones does sound appealing as well,but that means another major investment and at the moment I cannot justify that.

This is of course just my personal opinion of using these headphones,they are good but not perfect."
-------------------------------------

I responded back:
I used to hunt for 8 hours, still would if I found a hot spot. Most of my hunts last 4-5 hours or less. A club member has them and he uses them for 5 hours, he's not sure total run time is.
So maybe for the average user 6 hour run time is plenty.

Went out detecting yesterday with my Berkut and Turtle Beach converted wireless headset, good thing I brought my wired headphones.
Appears I left the transmitter on/off switch in the on position when last used. Didn't bother to check the battery condition before leaving the house.
And I didn't bother to take an extra set of batteries for them. I am new to wireless headphones so its a new experience. Something you want to make sure is to have your batteries charged before you go or at least replacements on hand. Something I am not used to since I always have used wired headsets.

What's nice about the Deteknix, if you carry a car usb charger in your car, you could recharge both headset and TX at the same time. Or keep a portable recharger pack in your pocket, recharge in the field.
----------------------------------
Added note:
There are many wireless headsets on the market at all sorts of price points.
They come in all sizes and of transmitters shapes. Some work good, others don't. Some work really great with detectors. There are many alternatives if you wish to buy and try, or just go for ones known to work and be done with it.
My testing was done with the current model Deteknix wireless headphones that has two USB cables charging cables and charge ports. No magnetic charge port plug. My Quest detector does have the magnetic charge port and really is a neat concept.
I've been down the road with two pair of Deteknix wireless headphones with disappointing results as I've stated before in the previous thread about them.
There are some points that are interesting with the new information. Both of the sets I was sent had controls for independent volume control on each ear but were not functional and were for "a different model" , according to Jason @ Deteknix , when I inquired to the factory about the other big problem which was the problem of them cutting out and losing the RF handshake. They also had one magnetic charging system and one USB.

When I have inquired to people who are touting the headsets about whether they are using a detector with a constant audible threshold , the conversation dies. As I have stated before , without that constant threshold it is impossible to determine if the electronic connection is indeed continuous or is temporarily interrupted without the user even knowing it. Jason has contacted me about these issues and assures me they have been corrected but the proof has yet to be seen.

It appears they have changed the functions with the newer headsets as I now understand they have independent volume controls and Deteknix has also introduced their wireless unit which allows for the use of which ever headphones someone might choose , somewhat like the CTX WM 10 module. I must say that Deteknix's design is superior to the WM10 as I've always felt the WM10 was a poor solution for wireless when a user had to pack another entire assembly around of that size.

Kudos to Deteknix for being proactive in making these improvements but the jury is still out until I see proof of the performance from someone who doesn't have a vested interest in selling the product.
"Deteknix has also introduced their wireless unit which allows for the use of which ever headphones someone might choose , somewhat like the CTX WM 10 module. I must say that Deteknix's design is superior to the WM10 as I've always felt the WM10 was a poor solution for wireless when a user had to pack another entire assembly around of that size"

I think that is their WR model I am talking about.  No headphones, just the wireless transmitter and receiver and wondering if anyone has tried them lately.

This link shows one picture with headphones but those are not part of the package.

http://www.deteknix.com/products/wireles...or-cn.html
I have two pair. I love them. I use them with my AT Pro and my F75. No delay. No cut out. 6 hrs of battery life. And the relief my neck feels at the end of the day is well worth the money.
Hi guys,

I think I would enjoy the wireless headphones Deteknix offers but I have two questions: If any of you use them, how is the battery lifetime? It seems to be a non-switchable battery and I hate the thought of running out of batteries in the middle of a hunt without being able to put a new battery in.

And second: I get that the headphones themselves aren't waterproof, but can I still submerge my AT pro with the transmitter attached? I would put it on the very top so I would not normally lose the connection but I don't want to drop it and it's not waterproof.

Thanks for any input.
Deteknix headphone batteries last about 5-8 hours.
You cannot submerge the transmitter. Even if you could it could not transmit thru the water. Transmitter needs to be above water, just like any other wireless headphone set-up.
Reference URL's