Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Finally got something to post
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been slowly working the site of an auction house that closed it's doors in the 70's. I have been told it was in business since the late 40's and that before the dilapidated building that is there now ther was a tavern there that got burned down by a woman who had the impression her husband had linked up with a lady of the evening in either the teens or 20's. 
  It is slow going , I have only a few hours into this site and up until this past weekend all I had found was a surface find clad quarter and one and a half 5 gallon buckets full of scrap iron. Not even the fun relic iron , but rusted bolts , parts of plain hinges , lug nuts , washers and the occasional piece of flat rusty iron.
   Monday morning I got a Pontiac token ( the twin to one I dug last year) and a worn 
1898 barber dime ( it was great to hear a high tone for a change).
   Unfortunately work interferes with my dirt fishin time , but I'll keep plugging away at it , there's got to be more coins and maybe even a few good relics.
[attachment=7971]
[attachment=7971]
Congratulations on getting that 1800s Barber and Pontiac token. Sounds like it was well earned! At least now you know the site holds some goodies for sure.
Congrats on pulling some keepers out of there! Keep up the great work and I hope to see some more soon!
Very nice Dig congrats on that barber. Silver from a site is always a great sign. Keep it up and keep us posted. HH
Keep it up digsit. I know the feeling of not having anything to post on here. All the stuff these hunt masters on here find , it's a little intimidating.
Great digs man!!!
Nice saves congrats
Congratulations! You did great on that hunt!
Excellent finds Digs! Persistence pays off. Looking forward to seeing what else turns up!

Ed
Great finds Beer

Joe
Reference URL's