Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: My first BUTTON!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all, got out for a little over a hour today before hitting up the Amish market. Was able to snag these 4 buttons and this bullet. Can anyone date it? Is it pre civil war?

There was a small skirmish during the revolutionary war in the direct vicinity near the button field that has been recorded. Relics have been found. But not my me. Yet!

Thanks for looking and happy hunting!
Sir buttons at it again, great hunt bud. That is a 4ringer looks to be very old with the white color. Google search cival war bullets there are images of all types. Good luck in figuring it out. Sometimes research is more fun than finding HH
Congrats on your nice finds! Not sure about the bullet. I agree with Scott. White normally indicates old. Look inside the grooves and if you see if the bottom has ridges. This would indicate after civil war. However, you will need to know the dimensions to properly identify it. GL HH
You are doing well with those old buttons, congratulations!
GREAT finds Zach! I never found a button until my 4rth year into detecting and you're slamming it! You are detecting on top of history! LOVE IT!

Ed
Reference URL's