Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Keepers from two old sites
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(03-31-2016 05:53 PM)RelicMedic Wrote: [ -> ]Went with Mr Mortar to a couple of old sites this morning. We went to one of my permissions,  an 1800s house in the woods. Nabbed some 40s-50s pennies and a 1963 nickle with Lustre. My buddy found another artillery shell. He just can't go anywhere with out finding some type of explosive!  This one has been drilled so it's safe. I pulled a gorgeous sterling bangle. This thing is heavy!  Also got a 1912 LC. I got a few other things from there but nothing special. We decided to move on to the button/cartwheel hole. Right out of the gate, I pulled a flat button. Lots of water and mud but there were a few targets that I was able to get my coil over. Found two half pennies...slick. one is worn thin and the other has a faint outline of a harp. Picked up some pottery and the usual clay pipe parts. On the way back to the truck, I got a signal between a couple of foundation stones. Ended up being a trigger guard!  Funny story: when we got there, there was this pipe,  about 3 feet long that was half buried in the mud. I picked it up and tossed it in a puddle to get it out of the way. Thinking back, I may have tossed a musket barrel!  Everything is 200+ years old at that site. I should have checked it out first. Oh well, I'll head back another time and get it. Thanks for looking guys!

[Image: 14594595670540_zpstx9ryyr7.jpg]

[Image: 14594595874051_zpspwst3yvf.jpg]

[Image: 14594596029660_zps3swaficf.jpg]

[Image: 14594596159301_zpslbtdy8qg.jpg]

Nice bracelet! Gl and hh!
Congrats on the LC, RM! I think that is probably one of the nicest bracelets I've ever seen before Beer Now go find that musket barrel!!!

Joe
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's