Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Keepers from two old sites
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Went with Mr Mortar to a couple of old sites this morning. We went to one of my permissions, an 1800s house in the woods. Nabbed some 40s-50s pennies and a 1963 nickle with Lustre. My buddy found another artillery shell. He just can't go anywhere with out finding some type of explosive! This one has been drilled so it's safe. I pulled a gorgeous sterling bangle. This thing is heavy! Also got a 1912 LC. I got a few other things from there but nothing special. We decided to move on to the button/cartwheel hole. Right out of the gate, I pulled a flat button. Lots of water and mud but there were a few targets that I was able to get my coil over. Found two half pennies...slick. one is worn thin and the other has a faint outline of a harp. Picked up some pottery and the usual clay pipe parts. On the way back to the truck, I got a signal between a couple of foundation stones. Ended up being a trigger guard! Funny story: when we got there, there was this pipe, about 3 feet long that was half buried in the mud. I picked it up and tossed it in a puddle to get it out of the way. Thinking back, I may have tossed a musket barrel! Everything is 200+ years old at that site. I should have checked it out first. Oh well, I'll head back another time and get it. Thanks for looking guys!

[Image: 14594595670540_zpstx9ryyr7.jpg]

[Image: 14594595874051_zpspwst3yvf.jpg]

[Image: 14594596029660_zps3swaficf.jpg]

[Image: 14594596159301_zpslbtdy8qg.jpg]
Dayyumm medic very nice. That bracelet is sweet with great design, way to go man!! Maybe by time you go back that puddle will dry up to see if it was a barrel
RelicMedic congratulation on the nice finds and good hunting. I glad to hear Mr. Mortar with is BombDetector found a safe one. (Fingerscross) Sounds and looks like a trip to remember good job. Hope y'all be able to go back and have another nice hunt. Happy
Sounds like a great time. Good thing this mortar was safe though! Nice hunt man. Thanks for sharing YesYes
Thanks gents! I have good news and bad news....good news first. The trigger guard has been identified as being from a Kentucky Rifle and the style dates it to the 1700s. The bad news...I'm not sure how it happened, but all of the video from today's hunt was erased off my phone. I went to upload it to youtube and it was gone. I'm really pissed. I haven't been able to put out a video for weeks, then had a good one with all of the finds, plus a tour of the abandoned house we were at. Fack!!!!!!
Relic days like that are what makes this hobby great. Great finds , friend. Congrats.
Cool digs, congratulations
Thank you Beer
Sorry about your video Relic but I DON'T CARE! The still pics are GREAT and the FINDS make the post! That is one hellofa silver bangle, trigger guard and copper finds! You are in a great spot there, video or not. I know you probably want to be Spielberg, but I'll take a great photo any day of the week. Good luck out there next time!

Ed
Haha thanks Ed. Not Spielberg so much, just want to entertain some folks and build up my channel. I appreciate the fact that you like the simpler things. It was a great time and I learned alot that day. I had a eureka moment with my etrac, I was able to better understand the layout of the cellar hole I was hunting and made a few decent finds. It was a good day.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's