Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Do you use rechargeable 9 volt batteries for pin pointer?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just use rayovac alkalines , and seeing as I don't get to hunt for more that 2 to 3 hours at a time and not nearly as often as I want one battery lasts most of the season in my pro pointer. Haven't quite talked myself into the carrot or one of the other great pinpointers out there.
Money comes too hard to replace what works just fine.
Digit dude, I understand that - no problem.
One thing I found out is the Minelab pin pointer uses alkaline but the Carrott needs more power, like the guys said - Duracell
Speaking about rechargeable 9 volt batteries....
I built a two battery charger for 9 volt alkaline batteries.
It works great, your batteries don't heat up or burst.
You can recharge them up to 5 times or more.
Forgot I have about 24 circuit boards built up, Just the battery clips and
power wires need to be soldered on and you need a AC/DC power supply
everyone has many of them sitting around.

Any one on this forum want one or two or more let me know.
Sell them cheap $2.00 each plus shipping,  $8.00 to ship up to 6 to the US from Canada. Not making any money on these, just covers my cost and want to move them out.  This is a good opportunity for anyone who doesn't want keep buying batteries. I thought these were going to be a hit with the detector crowd, wrong.

What you get
[attachment=8034]

What mine looks like when finished
[attachment=8035]
====================================

TREASURELINX 9 Volt Alkaline Battery Charger
Model 2x-9v

This charger is designed to safely charge “only” 9 volt Alkaline batteries.
Either charge 1 or 2 batteries at a time.

Complete charge takes approx. 4-8 hours depending upon battery condition.
There is no timer or auto cut off.
Check battery voltage with a multimeter. If battery voltage reads 10 volts or more, unplug battery from charger. This will stop the charging. Over a period of 1 hour the voltage will drop back closer to 9 volts. This is normal.

Can be left on charge overnight without harm. Charger will not overheat 9 volt Alkaline batteries.

Depending upon brand of battery, possible to recharge up to 5x, possibly more.

It is advisable when charging two batteries at a time, that both batteries have been discharged to similar voltage. This will prevent one battery from overcharging.

This charger will not charge AA size batteries in a 6 cell (9 volt) battery holder. Or any carbon type battery.
That's very tempting Sven but with my soldering and electrical ability , I'd need 8 just to get 1 to workWink
You do good work.

I agree, my soldering days are over too. Thanks for the information I am sure some folks here will be interested in that unit.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's