Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Do you use rechargeable 9 volt batteries for pin pointer?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am wondering if you use a recharageable 9 volt battery for your pin pointer? If so which brand do you use?
I use a garret carrot and do not use a rechargeable battery with it. I heard and saw first hand when the battery starts getting low the performance isn't as good.
I never knew how to check it so I just put it on my tongue now! Lol. I've used about 6 battery's so far for it.
I'm thinking about going rechargeable as I'm starting to use more and more.
Good luck!
Zach, yeah same issue here - you never know when they will go bad.

What do folks use for 9 volt if they don't use a recharageable?
I don't use any rechargeable batteries, as I had a bad experience with them years ago. I bought a brand called PEARSTONES. Killer reviews online, right price, the works. They wouldn't hold a charge in my detector. I don't know what was the deal, but it turned me off on the rechargeable's, though, I would like to try that RNB charger, as I heard it's a good one.

I normally just buy cheapie alkaline batteries in places like Dollar Tree, Family Dollar, etc. 16 or 32 packs, and I have to honestly say, they work surprising well. I normally get about 2 to 3 hunts out of a set, with an average hunt being about 4 to 6 hours each.

As far as the pinpointer batteries, no exaggeration here, a 9 volt for my Propointer normally lasts me about about half the detecting season, maybe 5 or 6 months, if not longer. But I always bring a spare with me, and keep it in my pouch for when it conks out.

Joe
Don't use rechargeable in the pinpointer. I use duracell 9 volt and like Joe said it last about half the season.I also carry a spare in my pouch.
I do.
EBL 600mah.
They're wonderful. Charge quick , last for months on end and give you full volts & amperage right up to the end so you don't lose performance like with alkalines. When they die there is no warning in the form of erratic performance or falsing , the pinpointer just stops working or gives a continuous wimpy tone. I carry a spare in my pouch and always wonder if it will have a charge after so long but they always have.
BTW , they are lithium not NiMh. I think 3 of them and a charger cost me $16 ,,,,,wouldn't leave home without them.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-x-600mAh-EBL-L...33a43866fc
Dusty, I was looking at those reviews today.

Joe and Ed, good thanks - I haven't bought a dura cell in a long time probably that is why mine don't last long. I have to confess I go for cheap 9 volts but if using the carrot they don't work, they do work in the cool Minelab that I won on this site......
Wow - lucky to no brag - just happy about that win!
Thanks again for that contest.....
I was given the Deteknix Wader Li pinpointer.
It has a built in lithium-ion recharge-able battery.
This is my first pinpointer, to me this sounds like a great idea.
Charges from any USB port. Can't tell you how long it will last on a charge.
[attachment=8027]
[attachment=8028]
(04-06-2016 10:43 AM)Sven TreasureLinx Wrote: [ -> ]I was given the Deteknix Wader Li pinpointer.
It has a built in lithium-ion recharge-able battery.
This is my first pinpointer, to me this sounds like a great idea.
Charges from any USB port. Can't tell you how long it will last on a charge.

I have two of the Tenergy 500 mah and two EBL 600 mah lithiums. I use on for the G2+  and one for the Garrett pinpointer and carr 2 spares....
Swen, that is a terrific idea.

Cookie58, which of those two batteries is your favorite? Or are they about the same?
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's