Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Got another keeper from the button field!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all, got out for a bit today and did some more detecting at the button field. 5 minutes into being there the farmer shows up to plow it... I stayed out of his way and continued detecting. He stopped to check something so I took it as a opportunity to go talk again real quick. He gave me more tips and was really nice. So as he's plowing part of the field I'm slowly moving over more and more. Got 4 buttons as doing so. 2 flats with a nice back mark. And two two piece one of which had something on it...not sure what! Can you help I.d it?
So he ended up leaving and left me with a small long strip to continue detecting. And that landed my my first half dime. Was bouncing a little at first but stayed in the 70s but very faint. Dug the plug and it was almost 5 inches down and now a solid 79. Knew it was something good! And it was! By the way his dog tiny...wasn't so tiny and didn't appreciate me "meowing" at him to see if I could get his attention. Nice dog but pretty scary and startled me a few times lol.

Hh and enjoy all
Ok, now you're showboating!!! Lol, just kidding. That, my friend, is a HUNT!!!

Congrats on your seated!!! And everything else...WOW. Between you & Scotty killing it with all these oldies, it's damn nice to be seeing some action on here, as it's been mighty slow on my end.

Way to go, Z Beer

INSPIRING, INDEED!!!

Joe
Sur buttons holy shit man . YOUR ON FIRE!! Do not stop drop and roll man. Keep it up and congrats on that half dimeĀ Yes
It sure helps to have a landowner who's easy to get along with. Those finds are top notch! Love the half dime man. I can't help with the button. It's quite hard to see the design but it's a very cool shape
Thanks guys! Hopefully the field still produces after being turned up. The plow used brought up chunks. Idk if that's how it works or what. If there will be another process or what. If not I have some properties up my sleeve that should produce. Gl and hh
Excellent hunt there. Yes

Love seeing early Seat'eds pop out of the ground!

Beer
Thanks Michigan!
It was awesome seeing the reverse first, half dime. I'm happy I was able to get a early one for my first! Its a pretty cool coin! Thanks again all.
Reference URL's