Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: R.I.P Merle Haggard.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A Country Music Legend, dies at 79. R.I.P Merle Haggard.
I just saw that on the news. Rest in peace. Another music legend gone. They're dropping like flies guys. We're getting old.
Sorry to hear that news. He had some great songs! Working Man Blues was my favorite. Hopefully some musician out there was under his influence. God Bless Merle! Good Journey!

Ed
Not the biggest country music guy here, but I certainly loved me some Johnny Cash. While Merle was obviously one of the biggest stars in the world in that genre, I wasn't too familiar with his tunes, aside from one or two or his biggest hits. However, I think the real tragedy is...

We're losing a lot of the old time, grizzled, REAL men that were from a different generation. Much like they don't make guys like John Wayne or Johnny Cash anymore, so too it was for Merle. They just didn't give a flying f@ck, and more importantly, they didn't care if someone else did, either. Hard drinking, hard smoking, speak the truth type of men. Not like these p@$$y 'stars' like you see today.

To me, another one of a dying breed gone.

Joe
Yeah, he was good and made us all sing like we lived in the southwest -Okie from Mistokie .....but he didn't teach me how to spell it!!!!!!!
RIP
Went to one of his shows back in the late 70's had a great time . RIP.
(04-06-2016 07:00 PM)updownup Wrote: [ -> ]A Country Music Legend, dies at 79. R.I.P Merle Haggard.
I'm really sorry guys but don't know who Merle Haggard is, will listen to some of their music now, rip

(04-06-2016 08:56 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Not the biggest country music guy here, but I certainly loved me some Johnny Cash. While Merle was obviously one of the biggest stars in the world in that genre, I wasn't too familiar with his tunes, aside from one or two or his biggest hits. However, I think the real tragedy is...

We're losing a lot of the old time, grizzled, REAL men that were from a different generation. Much like they don't make guys like John Wayne or Johnny Cash anymore, so too it was for Merle. They just didn't give a flying f@ck, and more importantly, they didn't care if someone else did, either. Hard drinking, hard smoking, speak the truth type of men. Not like these p@$$y 'stars' like you see today.

To me, another one of a dying breed gone.

Joe
That makes Merle Haggard, David Bowie, Christopher Lee (starting it) and Alan Rickman all tragedies of the celebrity world
Reference URL's