Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: My first post
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Welcome from H Town Texas. You will enjoy this site. There are some stud hunters with some stupendous finds on this site. Can't wait to see what you add.
Hey, Guys, Thanks for all the welcomes! 

Metal detecting is an interesting hobby, no matter where you live, and it's fun to see the stuff you post. 

I'm down in GA. where we do have Civil War relics, (if you can find places to hunt, that haven't been pounded before)  It's sort of sad, but so many of the sites that show up in the old maps and research, are now concreted over by malls, grocery stores, and sub divisions. I know lots of others have found this to be true.  Also, being an old guy, I don't walk as well as before, so don't do the long walks into the woods, like before.  Nowadays, I'm happy to just locate a site that looks promising, dig a few goodies, and enjoy getting out..

One thing that bothers me, and probably a lot of you, is to find deep ugly holes, where others have been detecting, and were to lazy to cover them up afterwards.
Laws in many states are getting tough on our hobby, partially as a result of this nasty habit by a few of us.  Property owners, too, are often reluctant to let detectors hunt, because of our lack of respect for their land.  Nuff said.

I have several detectors, but my current favorites are my fisher F-75 LTD, and Garrett At Pro.  I have an order in for a Makro Pacer 2, which hopefully will be here in a few weeks.  Heard good things about this machine, and the price is right for all that it does!  

Thanks again, and happy hunting, 
Maynard

(04-19-2016 09:54 PM)ibedigin Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, Guys, Thanks for all the welcomes! 

Metal detecting is an interesting hobby, no matter where you live, and it's fun to see the stuff you post. 

I'm down in GA. where we do have Civil War relics, (if you can find places to hunt, that haven't been pounded before)  It's sort of sad, but so many of the sites that show up in the old maps and research, are now concreted over by malls, grocery stores, and sub divisions. I know lots of others have found this to be true.  Also, being an old guy, I don't walk as well as before, so don't do the long walks into the woods, like before.  Nowadays, I'm happy to just locate a site that looks promising, dig a few goodies, and enjoy getting out..

One thing that bothers me, and probably a lot of you, is to find deep ugly holes, where others have been detecting, and were to lazy to cover them up afterwards.
Laws in many states are getting tough on our hobby, partially as a result of this nasty habit by a few of us.  Property owners, too, are often reluctant to let detectors hunt, because of our lack of respect for their land.  Nuff said.

I have several detectors, but my current favorites are my fisher F-75 LTD, and Garrett At Pro.  I have an order in for a Makro Pacer 2, which hopefully will be here in a few weeks.  Heard good things about this machine, and the price is right for all that it does!  

Thanks again, and happy hunting, 
Maynard

Uncovered holes are BAD, Maynard. And those damn tv shows, too Yes I hope you can get some good out of our community, as there's quite a bit of info here. We love to help, but just know we're a loose bunch of fellas here, and like to have a bit of fun between all the detector talk, too.

Joe
Hello Members,
Wow, can't believe it's been so long since I joined up.  Thanks for all the welcomes from y'all, and sorry I didn't respond earlier.  I'm more of a browser, than a poster, as you can tell, ha.  A little about me:

First off, my primary interest is Civil War relics, but I sure won;t throw out nice old coins or jewelry.  I got into the hobby a little late, in 1999 after retiring, and lately really have to hunt hard for good places that haven't been picked clean.  Some of you guys probably know what I'm talking about.  I live close to Atlanta, one of an army of detectorists.  If you positioned us all shoulder to shoulder, the line would probably reach the East Coast, [Image: smile.gif].

Some of my tools:
My oldest and sentimental favorite, I guess, is my MXT, with the 5x9DD, which is responsible for many of my relic finds.  Still like this machine, though it's little dated.
F-75 with latest upgrades, all factory coils, plus a favorite 9x5 NEL coil.  Wow, what a relic detector!

AT PRO, specially with the 6x8DD, perfect balance, and dynamite for coin shooting, and waterproof too boot.

Omega 8000, revision 4, all 3 factory coils, a hot machine and a little chattery, but can be tamed, and super for coins with the small coil.  Unbelievable depth with this little 5 incher!  Very versatile unit if you can work with a little noise.

My latest, and maybe my future favorite, the new Tek Patriot, hot circuitry, versatility, comfortable design, and a killer bargain at only $399.  It's a Fisher F-70 in disguise, and will do anything that awesome machine can do, only much cheaper.  With the right settings, it runs real quiet. I just got it, so time will tell.

Last is my Makro Racer 2.  Since i bought this new, it's only been used a few times, due to a bit of balance problem.  It's a little nose heavy, and I have some tendon problems with my swing arm, so need to stick to detectors that don't put a lot of weight on my wrist.  This thing is really a monster though, great target separation, depth, stability, swing speed, and build quality.  It's almost got it all, except for the balance, which a younger guy wouldn't find objectionable.  For the reason that this super unit should be used by somebody, and not laying around in a closet, it's now listed here at TC for $500.  Runs perfect, and I feel, offered at a nice price. Hope y'all will check it out.  Any questions, just holler.
M L Ringenberg , aka ibedigin
Welcome to the forum from Ontario, Canada, you were told the truth great group of guys here with  tons of both 1st hand knowledge and experience to tackle
 any question or MD question that may come your way.
Welcome to the forum from SE Michigan. It looks like you have a great arsenal of detectors , I look forward to hearing your stories and seeing your finds.
HH
Pat
I can't believe it took you this long to post. Sad Good luck selling your machine.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's