Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Most Backbreaking Niche
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(04-09-2016 06:25 PM)shadeseeker Wrote: [ -> ]I know from reading the posts here that many of you go to extraordinary lengths to fulfil your detecting appetites, enduring those backaches and stresses that Joe mentioned.  Lately I don't hunt much at all so I'm pretty stress free, but the thing that bothers me the most is summer hunting when the sun beats down without mercy.
Years of working tobacco fields as a youth with no shirt on all summer left me tanned and fit looking, but also skin damaged. The dermatologist has to treat me every few months so that I don't develop skin cancer. So its hat and long sleeved shirt and gobs of sun blocker every time I go out. No fun here in the Virginia heat and humidity, so I try to hide from the sun--hence my forum name, Shadeseeker.
My wife says she's going to put it on my tombstone!

That's VERY good advice everyone should heed regarding sun protection, and it hits home especially for me, being fair skinned with many moles. Your post is a great reminder to cover up when out in the sun, as finding all the treasure in the world isn't worth skin cancer Yes

(04-09-2016 07:35 PM)scott demont Wrote: [ -> ]Very good Joe 
Well my take on Water detecting. The hell with that!! I am a small built guy and not going to freeze my balls off for detecting, not to mention not investing in scuba gear to pinpoint a target.
  As for relic hunting wich you all know i do. Joe didn't mention those head stamps everywhere. Here in Massachusetts where i live we have to keep a ear out for ( lets see ) MOOSE , BEAR , COYOTE, FISHERCATS, DID I SAY MOOSE . Joe remember the sign? I love the history that can be found but sucks having to watch your back for animals that will eat or stomp your ass..

You're actually spot on. While bears should be taken seriously - especially brownies near cubs - Moose are actually the more aggressive, and dangerous animals. In no small part because, many people think they're warm & fuzzy creatures, and they are gently in nature, BUT, if they feel under threat, they WILL charge, and can easily kill someone with the force.

Joe
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's