Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Can you write?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(04-29-2016 03:00 PM)Sven TreasureLinx Wrote: [ -> ]If you can't write very well, no problem, Blog Boss can edit so it sounds wonderful..............

I chicken peck at the keyboard, takes me forever to write a long winded......
many times think faster than I can type and the dang spell check keeps telling me my words are mis-spelled. Come think now I am a bad speller. In reality Canadian English is almost like British English, I am used to American English.
Color=colour for example.
I set my computer to American English, doesn't seem to matter seeing my internet provider is in Canada as I.

Here's a sampling what I  am up against
http://www.tysto.com/uk-us-spelling-list.html

And here's the rest of the story:
http://www.bbc.com/culture/story/2015082...ish-unique

Sven,

If you're spell check corrects in Canadian I think that would be a culture moniquer of your writing style, so if I were you I'd keep it. Makes it kinda special!

I'm right handed but keyboard savvy with my left hand only all the while the right eyeball is plucking away with one finger on my right hand. All the underlined words in red are typos generally. I've got these big knobby like finger ends too so typing is like clubbing the keyboard. They need to make larger button keyboards. No harm intended but this thing is made for a person with small hands and or a petite lady. I learned from a colleague of mine awhile back to forget about the underlined mistakes on the first run through because stopping every sentence to correct them interrupts the train of thought and you lose the spark of what you were trying to write by stopping so often to correct mistakes. So for a long time I've just hammered it out then gone back over it with spell check and fixed it, maybe edited a little and pow, post it. Otherwise it would take too much time of which I barely have to pencil in as it is. Try it, it works.

Aay,

Ed
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's