Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: STUNNING!!!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
You guys have to see this link someone sent me a little while ago. Somene found this and posted it on FB. Talk about a major crap your pants, heart attack kinda find!!!

https://m.facebook.com/100001864847350/p..._0_v&mdf=1

Joe
I clicked the link and nothing is coming up. Darnnnn.

"The content you requested cannot be displayed at this time"
(04-09-2016 12:55 PM)Zachbl92 Wrote: [ -> ]I clicked the link and nothing is coming up. Darnnnn.

"The content you requested cannot be displayed at this time"

Really? Opens fine for me. Can anyone else not open the link?

Joe
Link works for me. That is one ugly looking helmet. I'd hate to have an army of those coming at me.
Joe finding something like that would be heart stopping. If you were to find that mask , do you think it would be the find of a life time , say compared to a silver cache of 1800's coins ?

I ask because I'm curious as to what detectorist would construe as the find of a lifetime.
(04-09-2016 07:30 PM)Kajunman Wrote: [ -> ]Joe finding something like that would be heart stopping. If you were to find that mask , do you think it would be the find of a life time , say compared to a silver cache of 1800's coins ?

I ask because I'm curious as to what detectorist would construe as the find of a lifetime.

I guess it all comes down to personal preference, Kajun. If I had my wish (unfortunately we don't, lol), I'd opt for a hoard of gold coins, however, that mask, IMO, is just as worthy a treasure as any coin or other piece of currency or relic. Matter of fact, I think it's more special, because it is/was personal. To think someone wore that thousands of years ago, maybe in the heat of battle, and may have lost their life, is an infinitely more rich story than a hoard. Believe me, I wouldn't shake a stick at ANY historic find. But...

I'd still prefer the hoard of gold coins Chuckle

Joe
LOL , I understand. The gold coins could change your life. I will admit though relics are my favorite kind of finds. Finding a ring or necklace is sweet but to find something old that a kid played with or an old tool gets me excited.

That mask would definitely go on my wall as the ultimate relic. Rarely do you get to touch something that is bc let alone hanging on your wall.

Btw if I ever find that cache , well , you probably won't hear from me. LOL.
Reference URL's