Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Still sick and still crazy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Still feeling sick,it's over a week that I have this cold. Still crazy I had to get out yesterday, temp was about 37 and the wind was blowing through my shorts.
I decided to try the fringe area around a picnic area. I have hit this area many times hoping to get in between trash and pull up a cool find.
I got a few signals in one spot and pin pointed and area to dig. Up comes the 1939 wheat cent, then using my pin pointer while still on my knees I pull up two pieces of scrap and then at the bottom of the hole out comes the buffalo nickle. I scan the hole again and nothing. So I cover it up and scan near by and another signal said quarter - I was surprised - it turned out to be a 1940 wheat cent. So I figure that is why no one found these coins over the years. Too close together and trash mixed into the coil field.
The other two wheat cents were individual targets. So in all I came home with four wheat and the buffalo, I was tired and cold but I though to myself it beats sitting watching TV.
Good luck to all out there and hopefully the next time I find cooler finds.
No brag on my part - just crazy but it was fun.......
Sorry to hear you're still ailing Tony. It turns from an inconvenience to an ordeal when a cold hangs on forever like that. Must have been a very nasty virus that snagged you. Nice finds like the wheats and the buff should take the edge off the misery though and give you a reason to get back. I'm sure there's more waiting, so get well and go get em.
Sorry to hear you're still sick tony! But hey, you weren't skunked so it was a good day in my eyes!
Good luck and happy hunting!
Hey Tony, I hope you start feeling better soon, and some nice finds.
The fresh air is good for you, and swinging the coil is even better! Is that a "5 legged buffalo"?
Thanks guys, nasty virus it is. Hopefully the sun will shine and we can all get out there!

Five legged buffalo? Could be - there seems to be one in the center hanging down
Wow , 37 huh ? It's a cool 65 down here. Congrats on the finds Tony.
It's this crazy freakin weather! One day it's 75, couple days later it's 40. When I was hunting yesterday it was real warm, about 50. Then I felt drops, so I turned to Gerry and said; "Is it raining or snowing?" He said it's rain, It's 50 degrees out. Sure enough, about an hour later it started moderately flurrying. Bizarre!

Nice finds, I wish my buffalos came out looking that good Yes

Joe
Thanks Kajunman, they say that warm weather is coming soon.
Joe, I cleaned it up a bit. The front was pitted and had rust spots over the date area. That was why I should the better side
Reference URL's