Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: NOT NAKED QUEEN
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Went to my second permission today. This field is 76 acres and lots of hills. My legs are shot.  Here is the best finds of the day. 1863 queen Victoria one penny , inscribed zippo lighter (will try and find the owner and return)  toasted large cent , set of chrysler keys, vintage matchbox, a tin boot, bunch of clad , and other odds n ends. Not shown is the full grocery bag of trash. HH gang[attachment=8048][attachment=8049][attachment=8050][attachment=8053][attachment=8054[attachment=8052] [attachment=8051]
Sweet beans! Nice find for sure.
Are the half pennys or Penny's around the same size as a large cent? But a tad smaller. I think one of my unknowns is a queen Vic. I sure hate unknowns. I can't wait to learn how to Id coins even if I don't know the date.
But anyway, great finds! Keep it up! I won't be able to get out till at least Monday or Tuesday!
Cool digs, congratulations on the large and other stuff. The boot is cool too
(04-09-2016 06:15 PM)Zachbl92 Wrote: [ -> ]Sweet beans! Nice find for sure.
Are the half pennys or Penny's around the same size as a large cent? But a tad smaller. I think one of my unknowns is a queen Vic. I sure hate unknowns. I can't wait to learn how to Id coins even if I don't know the date.
But anyway, great finds! Keep it up! I won't be able to get out till at least Monday or Tuesday!

Sir buttons the one penny is larger that a largie , if you ever need help identifying coins pm me.  Help all i can bud
Great hunt! The zippo is really cool and very personal. It's always nice to see a big copper in the hole. Gets the heart pumping every time!

When it comes to comparing early Canadian or British coin sizes, I usually Guage the pennies as about the size of a half dollar and the half pennies about the size of a quarter. They aren't exact, but it gives you a general idea.
Awesome hunt. Congrats on the sweet finds.
You are doing a great job Scott. I'm glad you've found a couple of really neat sites that you can work without having to worry if someone has beaten you to the goodies. Being able to dig them patiently and systematically will pay big dividends.
I'm guessing your T2 and my Omega have similarities in tone, signal recognition, sensitivity etc. If you have a chance maybe you can tell me what settings you use and what you hear through your phones. You have done that a few times and I found it helpful. I don't get out as often as you and therefore I'm still learning the detector. Keep up the good finds and posts.
(04-09-2016 07:36 PM)shadeseeker Wrote: [ -> ]You are doing a great job Scott. I'm glad you've found a couple of really neat sites that you can work without having to worry if someone has beaten you to the goodies. Being able to dig them patiently and systematically will pay big dividends.
I'm guessing your T2 and my Omega have similarities in tone, signal recognition, sensitivity etc. If you have a chance maybe you can tell me what settings you use and what you hear through your phones. You have done that a few times and I found it helpful. I don't get out as often as you and therefore I'm still learning the detector. Keep up the good finds and posts.
Shade if me telling you settings and tones help. It is a pleasure to do so . today i ran the T2SE on 85 sensitivity.  15 discrimination lower the disc the more depth, and i run 4tones. Here is the difference in machines the T2 has 36tones and boost and cache modes not sure if they sound the same. But on the VDI i dig anything over 70. And the soil was soaked so the vdi changed. Before the pug was dug the penny was 72_76 afer pug went to 81_83. Watch my videos on YouTube might help also. HH
Boy, you weren't kidding when you said it was a great hunt! Nice! I really like that Zippo!!! Never, ever seen a tin boot before...that's a new one. What is it for?

Killer hunt, but I am kinda bummed the Queen wasn't naked Chuckle

Joe
(04-09-2016 06:08 PM)scott demont Wrote: [ -> ]Went to my second permission today. This field is 76 acres and lots of hills. My legs are shot.  Here is the best finds of the day. 1863 queen Victoria one penny , inscribed zippo lighter (will try and find the owner and return)  toasted large cent , set of chrysler keys, vintage matchbox, a tin boot, bunch of clad , and other odds n ends. Not shown is the full grocery bag of trash. HH gang[attachment=8054 
Nice viccy! Hope you find that Chrysler to go with them keys! Lol! Nice hunt,young head viccy aswell! Keep em coming! Gl and hh!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's