Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: I cleaned up the '28 quarter...WEIRD toning!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I cleaned up the 1928 quarter I got from the beach the other day. I used hot distilled water, baking soda and tin foil. It came out great but man the toning is weird!! It may be hard to tell in the pics, but it's a beautiful shade of pink! I actually like it this color...I think it adds character Smile
BEFORE:
[Image: 14603191189910_zpsw1ohqpyc.jpg]

AFTER:

[Image: 14603187513230_zpspd4ux0k9.jpg]

[Image: 14603187331490_zps6q8pinyi.jpg]
Oh yeah, that's a beauty. I can see the pinkish you're talking about. But yeah, pm your address to me and I'll be sending you my coins from now on because that came out sweet!
P.s I'll pay ya in bacon m8 YesYesBeerBeer
I wouldn't care if it was green, looks good to me, and wish I found it! That's one HELL of a cleaning job Yes This tin foil technique is quite amazing, and I use it myself, quite often. Beautiful coin, excellent pull, RM!

Joe
Thanks gents. I'm actually not big on bacon, now you pay me in bald beaver and you've got yourself a deal!!
That is unreal i have seen plenty of toned coins. But never pick. Cool as hell!!
The coin is .925 silver, and the rest is made up of other metals. I was told that the pink color isn't toning, but leaching of those metals to the surface. Either way, it's pretty, and the wife likes it lol
Plenty of bald beavers tonight for the bday party. Come on down relic! Lol TongueBeerBeer
Might have to ditch it and go detecting though.
Sounds like it's gonna be a time Zach! Someday, I'll be rich and be able to drop everything and travel to meet you guys!
(04-10-2016 06:55 PM)RelicMedic Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like it's gonna be a time Zach! Someday, I'll be rich and be able to drop everything and travel to meet you guys!

Haha, that reminds me of a funny (but true) story...

I became friendly with another hunter years ago, as we were members of the same forum. Funny, gregarious, wild type of guy, kinda like Rodney Dangerfield's character in Caddyshack. Anywho...

We made plans to have a weekend detecting shindig, with him coming out my way. The planning was almost in the final, nitty gritty stage, when I receive a PM from him. It went almost like this...

Guy: Hey joe, do you have a landing strip near you?

Me: Landing strip? Not sure what you mean. We have a couple of airports.

Guy: No, ill be flying in in my plane, and need to land it somewhere, so I need a landing strip.

Me: Well, not sure really. Let me look into it, and I'll let you know.

Plans fell apart after that, as it just got too bizarre & surreal for my taste. He was the real deal, and I knew he flew his own plane, but I just wanted a simple hunt between two goofy guys, didn't want to orchestrate a major blueprint in aeronautics just to get him here. And what if he got skunked? Then I'd feel terrible.

Joe
That's hilarious Joe!! A landing strip...Jesus lmao. No worries of me ever showing up in a plane. Even if I'm rich someday, no plane for me. But I may show up in a Bugatti!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's