Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Merc in my Change?!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I always hear the stories about guys getting silver in their change after paying in a store. While it's happened to me, It's only been Washington's, or an occasional rosie...never a merc. So...

Imagine my surprise when I look down into the little compartment in my car this morning, where I throw my spare change, and see a merc staring back at me!

I thought it was a mirage or something, do to it never having happened before. I wasn't sure if maybe I found one, and then put it there somehow or what, but I quickly shot that theory down, as I ALWAYS keep my coin finds in my pouch or pockets. I never even take them out till I get home to rinse them.

All of which leads me to believe I DID manage to get a merc in my change SOMEWHERE, and just tossed it in my coin compartment along with the rest of them, without noticing.

I really wish I knew what store it was!!!

Joe
Gotta love when that happens!!! I once had an indian head penny in my change from Tim Hortons
Nice catch, wtg! As you say ---- it counts!
Wonder where that one came from. Can't believe it's been in circulation all these years. A kid sneaking it from his dad's stash? Have to echo Tony's take on it--luck counts too. Nice catch.
Sometimes things just have a way of finding people who will appreciate it. You must have done something right. Good karma. That sorta thing. It's still counts as a silver find.
(04-11-2016 08:08 AM)biggredd1972 Wrote: [ -> ]Sometimes things just have a way of finding people who will appreciate it. You must have done something right. Good karma. That sorta thing. It's still counts as a silver find.

Well, whatever it is, It's an extra silver that I DIDN'T have, so, as you say, It's a win, Redd. Still bizarre, though. It was a later one, a 42. Like I said, first time ever for me, if indeed it came in my change, and probably won't happen again for a good long while, lol.

Joe
I found a 1943 Canadian penny in my change back from a cheese steak last week. Never really got anything old before or cool yet. Congrats on the silver! Best of luck on the barber!
(04-10-2016 05:33 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]I always hear the stories about guys getting silver in their change after paying in a store. While it's happened to me, It's only been Washington's, or an occasional rosie...never a merc. So...

Imagine my surprise when I look down into the little compartment in my car this morning, where I throw my spare change, and see a merc staring back at me!

I thought it was a mirage or something, do to it never having happened before. I wasn't sure if maybe I found one, and then put it there somehow or what, but I quickly shot that theory down, as I ALWAYS keep my coin finds in my pouch or pockets. I never even take them out till I get home to rinse them.

All of which leads me to believe I DID manage to get a merc in my change SOMEWHERE, and just tossed it in my coin compartment along with the rest of them, without noticing.

I really wish I knew what store it was!!!

Joe

Wow,well a silvers a silver and you just got one! You don't need a detector, just the good old shops!!! Gl and hh!
That would be a pleasant surprise. I recall a friend of mine got one from a store. About 20 years ago. Only one I seen or heard about in change other than your luckiness. Happy
At some point the odds MUST fall in one's favor. I've been digging a ton of nickel signals the past 2 seasons, but no real gold ring, only crappers. Then a merc shows up in my change...go figure!

Joe
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's