Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Midstate Metal Detector Club 20th Annual Hunt
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[attachment=8059]
Sponsored by:
Outdoor Outfitters
The MidState Metal Detector Club welcomes you to their 20th Annual Open Hunt and State Championship. We pride ourselves in providing an affordable, fun event for the entire family. Early entries enable better hunt planning.
Hunts will be held rain or shine. Location - Deer Trail Park Campground near Nekoosa, WI
100% of entry fees and donations are planted in the form of coins or tokens over the 2 days of the hunt.
• Wisconsin State Championship – 2 day Competition Hunt (Sponsored by First Texas Products)
• Raffles held throughout the weekend, and a Merchandise Drawing – with donated merchandise and prizes
• Treasures of Yesteryear Museum & Antique Detectors on display in club trailer
• Metal Detecting Dealers, Miscellaneous Businesses and clubs will have booths on site
• Visit the club website for hunt fliers or updates http://midstatemdc.com/
________________________________________________________________________________​________

Schedule of Events (Times are approximate)
Friday Night: 5:00 to 7:00 Welcome and Registration
Dark Free Night Hunt (All coins/prizes are donated)
Saturday: 8:00 to 8:45 Registrations
9:30 to 10:00 Freedom Hunt
10:30 to 11:00 Wayne Otto’s Dollar Digging Hunt – Clad Dollars and Silver Halves (Sponsored by Outdoor Outfitters)
11:20 to 12:00 Wisconsin State Championship Competition
(Sponsored by First Texas Products & Prosticker.com)
12:00 to 2:00 Lunch
2:00 to 2:30 Liberty Hunt
3:00 to 3:30 Kids Hunt – Ages 7-12 – Detector Needed
Ages 6 and Under – No Detector Needed
4:00 to 4:30 Memorial Hunt - $20.00 Extra Fee
(US and Foreign Silver)
4:15 to 5:15 Detector Throw Contest
(Sponsored by First Texas Products)
4:30 to ??? Merchandise Drawing
Sunday: 8:00 to 8:30 Registration
9:00 to 9:30 Finals for the Wisconsin State Competition Hunt
(Sponsored by First Texas Products & Prosticker.com)
10:00 to 10:30 Big Dig (Sponsored by Outdoor Outfitters)

10:40 to 10:45 Competition Hunt runoff (in case of ties)
11:00 to 11:20 Awards, and Announcements.
11:30 to 12:00 Key Hunt
(Detectors Donated By Tesoro Electronics)
12:30 to 1:00 Vintage Hunt (oldies and goodies)

Directions:
This year’s hunt will be held at Deer Trail Park Campground near Nekoosa, WI
From Wisconsin Rapids
Head south on Hwy. 13. Turn right on Hwy. 73 for 3½ miles. Turn left on County Rd. Z just after Evergreen Bowling Alley. Go 3 miles south. Campground is on the right.

Please thank and support the following business for their donations to our 19th Annual Hunt, and for their continued support to our 20th Annual hunt in 2016.

American Digger Magazine http://www.americandigger.com ICMJ’s Prospecting and Mining Journal
Artistic Signs – 715-325-5000 WI. Rapids, WI Lost Treasures Magazine
Detector Electronics Corp- http://www.metaldetector.com Minelab USA - Downers Grove, IL
Deerfield Detectors- http://www.deerfielddetectors.com O’Reilly Auto Parts http://www.oreillyauto.com
Doug’s Treasure Den – Wisconsin Rapids, WI Outdoor Outfitters - Waukesha, WI
First Texas Products (Bounty Hunter, Fisher, Teknetics) ProSticker.com – http://www.prosticker.com
Garrett Metal Detectors, Texas Tesoro Electronics – Prescott, AZ
Gary’s Coin & Stamp – Wisconsin Rapids, WI Western & Eastern Treasures Magazine
Gary Kruesel – Token Collector -1-507-282-0147 Whites Electronics Inc - Whites of the Great Lakes
Wilcox All Pro Tools – Montezuma, IA

________________________________________________________________________________​__________

Campground
Deer Trail Park Campground
13846 County Road Z
Nekoosa, WI 54457
Phone: (715)886-3871
E-Mail: deertrl@wctc.net
http://www.campingfriend.com/DeerTrailPark

This Campground is where the Hunt will take place. Mention the MidState Metal Detecting Club Open Hunt when reserving a campsite.

Wisconsin Rapids Hotels - Always mention Midstate Metal Detector Club

America's Best Value Inn 715-423-8080
American Inn Lodge and Suites 715-424-3444
Motel 6 715-423-3211
Hotel Mead 800-843-6323
Maples Motel 715-423-2590
Fern Hotel 888-950-5062
Sleep Inn 715-424-6800
Spruce Park Motel 715-423-5890

More information about the Wisconsin Rapids area, you can visit these websites.
http://www.visitwisrapids.com
http://www.heartofwi.com

Entry Form (1 Entry form per person please)

DISCLAIMER: The sponsoring club, its members, nor its officers connected with this hunt will be held responsible for theft, injuries, or damage incurred. Hunt at your own risk. Be a responsible hunter and fill in your holes. Only probes and diggers of no more than 2 inches in width will be allowed in any hunt, (No rakes allowed). No Pulse machines - Headphones Required. If these conditions are not met, you may be asked to leave the hunt field. All coins and tokens are buried shallow as possible.
* Due to changing Silver prices we reserve the right to change all Hunts and targets*
Name ________________________________________________________________________________​__
Address ________________________________________________________________________________​_
City _____________________________________________ State _____________Zip _______________
Phone___________________________________Email _______________________________________
Open Hunt
$_____ Regular Entry (2 days - $100.00 per person)
$_____ Regular Entry – Saturday Only (1 day - $60.00 per person)
$_____ Regular Entry – Sunday Only (1 day - $55.00 per person)
$_____ Pre Teen Entry – Age 12 and Under (2 days - $75.00 per person)
$_____ Pre Teen Entry – Age 12 and Under – Saturday Only (1 day - $45.00 per person)
$_____ Pre Teen Entry – Age 12 and Under – Sunday Only (1 day - $40.00 per person)
$_____ Special Saturday - Memorial Hunt ($20.00 Pre-Registration by July 5, 2016)
$_____ Total
Wisconsin Championship Hunt – Pre Registration by July 5, 2016
100% Payback – All Championship Hunt Trophies will be donated by ProSticker.com
Select Division – Age as of July 29, 2016 – You must stay in your age Division or go to Pro Division
*There has to be 2 or more entered in a Division if not you will be moved – Payouts are: 2 in division pays 1st only. 3 in a division pays 1st and 2nd. 4 or more in a division pays 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.

o Pre Junior – Boys and Girls (Age 12 and Under)
o Juniors - Boys and Girls (Age 13-17)
o Men (Age 18-54)
o Women (Age 18-54)
o Senior Men (Age 55 and Over)
o Senior Women (Age 55 and Over)
o Pro Division (Previous first place winners in Men’s Division. Also open to any other participants)

$_____ Competition Entry Fee is $15 per person total - 100% Payback
$__________Total Amount Enclosed (Add $25.00 - Late Fee if after July 5, 2016)
Send Check or Money Order made payable to: MidState Metal Detector Club
C/O Sharon O'Connor
950 Bayview Dr
* Only Cash accepted at hunt* Mosinee, WI 54455
I __________________________________ hereby assume full responsibility and release the MidState Metal Detector Club, club members, event sponsors, organizers, and Deer Trail Park Campground from any occurrence whether foreseen or unforeseen, in connection with the MidState Metal Detector Club Annual Hunt in which may result in injury, death, or any damage to me. By signing this, I understand that all persons attending this hunt do so at their own risk and will assume all risks of injury and/or damage to persons or their property in any manner arising from this hunt or related activities. Hunts are rain or shine - no refunds
Signature ___________________________________________________ Date _______________________
Steveo posted this, but he was concerned about not wanting to spam the forum, which I told him not to worry about, and he buried it somewhere, so I'm bumping it for him.

Joe
That sounds like lots of fun! Wish I was in the area. Nice to see people getting together for a weekend of fun having the passion for the hobby. Thanks for sharing and I would love to hear about someone's experience that attends. Hope everyone has fun and its a beautiful weekend. GL HH!
THAT....looks to be some serious fun.
Good luck with those hunts, enjoy the hobby!
Just wanted to give this another bump, so as many members & guests as possible will see it. Hope it helps Steve out.

Joe
Best of luck Steve! If I could go, I would!!!

BUMPERINO!
Thanks Joe for reposting it for me I just forgot.
This is a lot of fun and a lot of work for me and the club members who work together
planting coins, running raffles, and just keeping things running smoothly.
We normally have about 90 people attending from all over the USA
(04-16-2016 12:17 PM)Steveo Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Joe for reposting it for me I just forgot.
This is a lot of fun and a lot of work for me and the club members who work together
planting coins, running raffles, and just keeping things running smoothly.
We normally have about 90 people attending from all over the USA

I'm sure it is a lot of work, Steve, but, like me, you do it because you love this hobby, and the satisfaction you get from seeing the smiles on the participants faces makes it all worth it Yes

One day, when we're long gone, we probably won't be remembered for what we took, but instead, what we shared Wink

Joe
Reference URL's