Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Memorial Day!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Obviously, it's not Memorial Day, but it felt like it! I went back to the spot where I got the real last week, promising myself I'd dig every good signal, no matter how shallow, as the real was only a few inches deep. Guess what? Didn't get a damn thing aside from a bunch of memorials! Chuckle Additionally, aside from the lack of old coins, there were absolutely NO indicators popping up that would've justified why a real was found at this place, so...

Sad to say, but I'm almost certain that the real was brought in with fill dirt, when they were fancifying the place up, or leveling the ground. Which, if my theory is correct, makes me finding it akin to hitting the lottery.

I did snare a kid's silver ring there though, with my son's initial on it, so it wasn't a total loss. Onto spot 2...

After the real spot proved to be a dud, I hightailed it to another place, where I nabbed a 1964 Rosie, and my best find of the day, a Steele & Johnson Eagle Button (circa 1902 to 1920), which is in killer shape, and made me quite happy.

Internet is back, but S-L-O-W, and posting pics here is still problematic, cable company thinks it's a "line problem", whatever that means. So, here's the link to view the photos on Facebook. You can scroll through them, click to enlarge, etc.

https://m.facebook.com/TreasureClassifie...&source=54

Thanks for looking, and HH guys Happy
Joe
Well as they say "Happy Memorial Day!"
Nice catch on the silver ring.
Nice digs there Joe Yes

BeerBeer
Memorial day sucks but that silver is sweet.  Nice hunt Joe
That button is sweet! Button man is jelly. Overall good hunt! Sucks the real was probably from fill dirt but at least ya snagged it! Keep at it!
(04-11-2016 07:37 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Obviously, it's not Memorial Day, but it felt like it! I went back to the spot where I got the real last week, promising myself I'd dig every good signal, no matter how shallow, as the real was only a few inches deep. Guess what? Didn't get a damn thing aside from a bunch of memorials! Chuckle Additionally, aside from the lack of old coins, there were absolutely NO indicators popping up that would've justified why a real was found at this place, so...

Sad to say, but I'm almost certain that the real was brought in with fill dirt, when they were fancifying the place up, or leveling the ground. Which, if my theory is correct, makes me finding it akin to hitting the lottery.

I did snare a kid's silver ring there though, with my son's initial on it, so it wasn't a total loss. Onto spot 2...

After the real spot proved to be a dud, I hightailed it to another place, where I nabbed a 1964 Rosie, and my best find of the day, a Steele & Johnson Eagle Button (circa 1902 to 1920), which is in killer shape, and made me quite happy.

Internet is back, but S-L-O-W, and posting pics here is still problematic, cable company thinks it's a "line problem", whatever that means. So, here's the link to view the photos on Facebook. You can scroll through them, click to enlarge, etc.

https://m.facebook.com/TreasureClassifie...&source=54

Thanks for looking, and HH guys Happy
Joe

Nice ring and Rosie! I'm really sorry but have no idea what a memorial is! Happy memorial day anyway! Gl and hh!
Reference URL's