Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Deteknix Quest Pro Metal Detector Mod
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As nice as the Quest is as a physical package, there was one issue many some difficulty with. More so if you have big hands.
The positioning of the control box, too much up a straight up angle. Fine for very small hands but, not for most of us.
I went ahead and modified my handle so the control box would be at approx. a 108 degree angle.
I understand the factory is in the process of manufacturing a handle to provide this angle for the control box.

Control box position now feels 1000% better at this angle.. My thumb falls naturally on the Menu and Pinpoint buttons.
You can actually roll your thumb up or down over these two buttons to make adjustments. The other control buttons are easy to access and adjust as well.

Here's a sneak peak to show you my mod, what the new position looks like.

[attachment=8064]

[attachment=8065]

[attachment=8066]
That looks like a good job, cool
Very nice work once again Sven! Keep it up! Let us know how it performs. It definitely looks really cool!
Sven, you're a mad genius! If I attempted that, it would come out looking like the love child of Frankenstein & the fender from an old Chevy Yes

Joe
Reference URL's