Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Large coils for the At pro or other detectors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all, I'm looking into the larger coils for the at pro.
Its between the 12x13..13x14..15" and the 15x17. All made by nel. I'd be using it for field hunting. To get more depth and coverage. The fields aren't trashy so seperation won't be a issue. I do understand it'll add a bit of weight which is ok. So basically, has anyone used a nel large coil or a large coil in general? How do you like it? Do you think its worth the $$$?
When I ran the gold, I never used anything other than the stock coil, so I can't give you specifics on how large coils react with the pro, but I have used nel's over the years, and they're good. If your spots don't have much trash, IMO, I cannot see any downside to using a larger coil, Zach. Yes, they'll add a bit of weight, but the AT's are fairly light to begin with, so I don't think it'll be a huge issue.

Pluses are, you'll cover more area quicker, and will get greater depth.

Minuses are, it'll add some weight, and you might pick up multiple targets beneath the coil when trying to isolate signals, but that's not much of a concern if you say it isn't trashy...which just leaves the weight issue.

I say go for it Yes

Joe
Zach, I finally purchased two larger coils for my Exp II a little over a year ago. I love them both SEF 10x12 and 15 inch WOT. Each have different capabilities in my small opinion.
I never used a NEL coil but folks post that they do work well. Look around and see what folks are saying - you might not want to go to big.
Reference URL's