Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Penny with detectorist on it
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Stopped at a tot lot I'd been to before, but not with my new machine, the TreasureTek Elite.

There were some curious moms there asking about the hobby and I was explaining as best as I knew how. I showed them the trash I had collected and told them it was from another park, as I was just getting to this one. I let them know that I take the goodies and the trash with me to help their kids stay safe.

One quipped,  "I bet you can't find gold with that thing." I just happened to have the chain I found a few days ago with me, and showed it to her. Boy, did her eyes get big. Right after that is when I found this neat magnetic bracelet, almost under her feet.

$4.36 in clad makes this the most in one dig so far, thanks in part to that gold dollar coin. The Cien Pesetas threw me for a loop, being my first non US coin. I like the markings around the edge. I need to get a bigger jar to hold my clad, this pint size is full already.

The 2009 penny has what at first glance is a detectorist taking a break. I know that's not what it is, but that's my story and I'm sticking to it. The copper button next to it was a bear to find in the brown, wet, wood chips.

Till next time.... HH
[attachment=8068]
[attachment=8069]
[attachment=8070]
[attachment=8071]
[attachment=8072]
[attachment=8073]
Man, you must've had all those good looking soccer moms in heat, GD. A good looking guy swinging an exotic piece of equipment that can find jewelry! Every woman's fantasy! Nice bracelet Yes I never found a peseta coin, but if I did, I think I'd have a heart attack...appears like a gold dubloon at first glance!

Joe
Congratulations! WTG - that is a sweet bracelet

Too funny, Penny with a detectorists on it..... Lincoln might have enjoyed this crazy hobby if he had some free time........
What a great bunch of finds
And thanks for being a great ambassador for the hobby.
GL and HH
Pat
Thats the shit man great finds with a good story.  Keep it up and thanks
Damn man those are some very interesting finds. Love the bracelet! I agree with Joe. I bet all those ladies wanted that detector shaft! I can't wait to upgrade mine to carbonfiber.
Haha that's awesome man. Great post!
Reference URL's