Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: #17 is a Half Dime ---ha ha ha - no way dude
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello Guys and gals - I ventured back to the spot where I found the Barber quarter.
I found a bunch of coins still in my pouch because I have too much family stuff going on. I will check those later but I am crazy over this half dime find, it is half of a 1942 Mercury dime. It was down about four inches. When I picked it up I though it was a play coin and didn't take a field photo. So the photos below are ok but I have cleaned off the dirt yet. Sorry for a rush job and a little joke in the Subject Line.

I think someone found a half of a silver dime last year and counted it in their silver total
So I am going to increase mine too.

Let me know what you guys think about that?
I'll take it! Finding shiny has slowed to a crawl for me, so I wouldn't care if it was quartered, it's all good. The mower had it's breakfast, and you found your prize Yes

Joe
Silver is silver , it counts . If you keep track of denominations do you count it as a Nickle or a dime ?
  Thanks for the post.
Pat
Been off my game a tad Big T because of work, but congrats on that Barber Quarter and the Half dime!! If you can find them that small you're going to kill it this year! Hope you're feeling better and keep the streak going!!! Yes

Ed
Thanks Joe, yeah that funny Lawn Mower breakfeast!

Digit, thanks and you have a point there, how do I add that one into my change count?????? I guess you can't because you can't spend it....cool

Ed, thanks, I am starting to feel better - hopefully it will be gone completely this week.
Thanks too - that Barber was a very cool surprise. But I am back to family duties so I am looking at Friday or Saturday to get out somewhere.
Don't worry about coins - get your work done - they will be there waiting for you. Good luck when you get out......
Tony silver is silver no matter. You count that on you fty. Very cool find and your heading was spot onYes
I count it! Congrats on #17!!! And a very unusual find at that. Very cool
Thanks Scott, another cool surprise in that area. I will go back there again and see what turns up. The other half would be a cool find!

Thanks Zach, yeah it is an unusual find -
It has seen better days but it's silver and it's yours! Good job honing in on that tiny target!
Thanks Relic Medic, yeah it was a tiny surprise
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's