Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: King Georgie the 2nd and no pin pointer!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Nice finds Zach! That coin is awesome. I bet the person that lost it would be out of place in today's world. I know you were excited thinking WOW this is almost 300 yrs old. Sweet indeed. Congratulations!
Thanks up! The person who lost it would be bugging hardcore! Haha. But you gotta wonder. Who dropped it...how upset was he/she? Its only a half pence/penny but still. I wish you could see through their eyes by touching it, go back into time as a spectator type of deal.
But yeah. I was happy to see it was my oldest coin. My current goals have been being blown away lately. Detecting has been awfully kind to me lately, especially being new to the hobby. I really want a spanish silver now and a 1716 coin and a 1699 and before. And luckily....I might just have the spot very soon to complete these goals. I won't say to much though because its not set in stone but is very likely. But I will say, I don't keep the finds. Which is ok with me. But anyway, thanks again up and everyone else.
Best of luck out there and HH
Nice couple of posts Zach and Updown. To me that's one of the nicer aspects of detecting--trying to get a feel for the back story. That's why I call my detector a time macine.
Nice digs Yes

Dirt doesn't seem too kind to copper in your area = must be a lot of mineral and/or they come from farmland where fertilizer is used?

BeerBeer
Fricken great day of digging Congrats!
Thanks guys! Its farmland!
Zach, how in the hell did I miss this post and not congratulate you? Sorry bro! You've been doing your homework and it's paying off big time! You just keep getting the older stuff consistently, and I'm pretty confident that you will be into the 1600s before long. You have a great site there, and I wouldn't give up on it for years to come. Congratulations! !!!
I'm not sure! Lol. But its all good! Thanks a lot though! Research really pays off, even if its simple historicalaerials. But I appreciate it. Thanks again!
(04-12-2016 09:55 PM)Zachbl92 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys, I decided to get out today last minute and forgot my pinpointer! I was in a rush and driving from my house to the button field(45 minutes). But that didn't stop me! I ended up in the very back of the permission near the river in a corn field that's been turned up. The stalks aren't in the way as it was the 1st time I hit it.  The rest of the fields were plowed. But anyway, 3rd target I popped out my oldest coin to date and my only KG! 1740. Was super excited. I went on to find a 1826 half cent, two buttons, a thimble with stars and I believe to be initials a unknown and a arrow point! I found the point next to a plug. I didn't pick it up at first because I thought no way...but I eventually checked to make sure and sure enough. My first point! So yeah, good day today and look forward to hitting more fields closer to these houses!
Nice, my grandparents have one that's a 1735! They're about worth $100-120 so great find! Gl and hh!
Congrats on a great copper find Zach!

Now about this, "I forgot my pin pointer." stuff. ("The dog ate it; I left it in the crapper, on the toilet paper holder; I can't remember where I left it last, etc...)

I now have a full Velcro 3" tactical belt. On it I have my pouch, my pin pointer, my hori hori digging knife, wiping rag and extra battery pouch. It never leaves my truck and stays wrapped around the headrest of my passenger seat at all times except when it's belted around me. (No Riders) The reason being I don't have time to go back and get anything. So keep that in mind. But it's amazing that you found such great items without a pin pointer. I couldn't have done it. I would have scrapped the hunt for that day.

You have some very personally valuable sites there and time is digging. Keep everything important close.

Love that little thimble too. Keep up the great work!!

Ed
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's