Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Back to Reality
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Returned to the spot where I got the 2 seated from, this afternoon. Only had 2.5 hours to hunt. Not many high tone signals left at the place, as Fluke & I covered it pretty good last Sunday. So, I'll go back one day and dig all the low & mid tones. Anyways, not much to show, but, it was fun to get out & I got my fix in.

I got an 1890 Indian, a wheat or two, and some clad, as well as the regular junk. I also found a real old soda can top in the woods. Still like finding those. 

P.S. - On a cool note, I managed to find one of the 2 musket balls I found & then lost last weekend. Must've fell out of my shirt pocket when I bent down to dig a target, as it was right on top of the ground.

This site was a dream come true. One of my best ever, but, as all good things, knew it had to dry up sooner or later, so, yeah, back to reality Heartbreak

Joe
Cool finds. With all the trash I have dug, I don't recall ever finding one of those old can tops.
Hey, ya did better than me, and no labor trade involved! No way would I give up on that spot...bigger/smaller coil, different machine may turn up another goody or two.
(09-19-2013 10:08 PM)deathray Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, ya did better than me, and no labor trade involved! No way would I give up on that spot...bigger/smaller coil, different machine may turn up another goody or two.

Oh, I'm not, Ray Wink Have a few tricks up my sleeve. As you said, bigger/smaller coil, hitting it after a good soaking rain (we need some!), and most importantly, waiting until Spring. Because of our Winters here, the ground literally pushes coins up several inches once the dirt freezes and then thaws. But, the easy stuff is gone...for now. You have to hit spots fast around these parts, as it's super competitive, and there's so many hunters all covering the same small area. Believe me though, no complaints! As I stated above, one of my best spots ever Yes

Joe
Reference URL's