Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Beach hunt April 9th.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Folks,

Been busy around the house with wheel bearings on car, etc.Also freaking drainfield my brothers and I had to replace. Weeks of work, and little detecting time.

And when I do, its either by myself or my friend (Bryan) with the etrac, excal and aquasound. We worked our asses off a month ago in the parks. Neither had found anything real nice. Then he works the sidewalk edge and hammers a low tone. Pulltab? Nope 10k ring. I was like dude, it was your lucky day.

Couldn't find the picture of ring but it is sweet. Updated later.

At the parks, I did find a nice Wilson football for my grandson. Happy It was real early in the morning, and it was left there.

I went after work to the beaches with my CZ20 a few weeks later. Then my CZ20 cloaked. I'm a little upset now, knowing summer is here and I need a water unit. I found a excal used off Treasure classifieds. I bought it, and for the most part it was a good deal, since I really couldn't afford anymore. When I told my wife, I had to catch her, she about fell down. We just have to struggle threw this expense. Hell I saved thousands on the drainfield. ( I was thinking)

Anyway we planned a trip, a all dayer. Started at the beach at 2AM went to 7PM, three different beaches. Some water hunting but it was rough. Try spending 5 minutes in smashing waves to finally get it in the scoop to find out you worked your ass off for a freaking pulltab! Now do this over and over for pennies and tabs. After being exhausted and cold. We both came out for a while. Then we would go in the water again and back out. Just was not a nice day for the water with the rogue waves.

We pounded for hours with little to show. It was almost time to go, and low tide was over and the tide was increasing. Mr Lucky pulls a gold ring. We keep each other informed, that way we know where to considerate. Hoping this helps each other out.
Sheeit, when he told me he found it. I said, YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING ME, I was jealous and a little mad how my lucks been lately. I didn't even hunt that area. I walked off licking my wounds. Then, started feeling bad, because I knew I did not handle that situation right, and he felt bad for me. I went back to him and give him the support he deserved and needed. I told him I was happy for him and I am. Wish we both could have scored but that's life. Maybe next time, maybe not.

I did managed to find two little silvers. Thin ring and earring. My friend found a little silver too and the sweet yellow. If your reading this Bro, Good Job and sorry for killing your rush and pouting. lol

Byan's finds.

[attachment=8109]
[attachment=8110]

My finds.
[attachment=8111]
[attachment=8113]
[attachment=8115]

We had fun, and we plan to pounded it in a few weeks. Maybe for 48 hours straight! Happy
Now that's a marathon hunt! Nice too you got some keepers! Great digs!
Great stuff you found. Love the gold and silver. Yes Congrats on a awesome hunt
Wow, that's a lot of stuff! Plus golf and silver! Damn! Awesome day for sure!!!
I have only beach hunted once, a big failure unless you are in to collecting sinkers. So you haul looks pretty good to me. Up and down a lot?
Geez, you could open a jewelry store, Up! Nice ring-a-dings & bling Yes Sorry to hear about the CZ, but I'm at least glad you were able to pick up another unit from the classifieds Beer

Are you getting used to the new machine, or do you find yourself wanting another 20?

Joe
(04-16-2016 12:24 AM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Are you getting used to the new machine, or do you find yourself wanting another 20?

Joe

I have faith in either machine. At first I moved on a CZ21 at a pawnshop in another town. They already sold it for 500 dollars. It looked mint too. They didn't know what they had. They had it listed as a fisher scope. Told me it was not a metal detector it was a water detector for finding lines. I seen the pictures it was a cz21. I think someone listed it wrong and apparently researched the wrong item.

My Cz20 is stuck in pinpoint mode. I plan to take it apart and try to fix it. Plus remove the pinpoint button. The ones that were known to develop a leak.

The excal seems a little easier to work on. When your replacing headphone and coils. Matter fact, I will be replacing my headphone cable within a week. Still way for mouser to send me the Heyco IP68 cable clamps. I need to pickup a metric tubing tap too.

I have watched all OBN videos and a few other guys. Nice of them to share the knowledge and provide tips on this operation. Happy
You're a better man than I if you can go that long in rough surf! I have never tried it but I'd probably last an hour at best! Great Finds for the effort! Yes

Ed
Whoa, that is one long killer hunt in the waves, congratulations - I don't think I would be able to stay that long, on sand or in water.
Reference URL's