Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Grey ghost headphones. HELP!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, I decided I'm going to upgrade my headphones first before I get a larger coil. (Nel tornado, storm or attack...)
I'm stuck between the Grey ghost originals ($95) and the Grey ghost ultimates ($125) 1/4 for my garret At Pro. I do have the conversion thingy.

I've read up on both and don't really understand the difference. I don't understand all the technical stuff like the ohms and impedance and kHz and what not.
So can anyone give me insight or tell me what the difference is? I'm open to all opinions and suggestions as well.
Also, do you guys even think its a noticeable difference from regular stock headphones? (Normal at pro headphones)?
I've read it can be decently significant for the deeper signals. Which I would love to hear clearer.

What headphones of the two would you get if you could get them free? Or what would you recommend if you weren't a fan of grey ghosts?

Look forward to some responses as I'm stuck and I need and would like to upgrade ASAP for a near future amazing opportunity. Which I will tell you all about, very soon...!

Thanks in advance,

Zach
Never used either, but can't go wrong with ANY GG's, as they're pretty much the gold standard. It really comes down to price, and what features you need that one or the other has/doesn't Cool

Joe
Thanks for the response Pimp Daddy! Can't go wrong with GG headphones! Good start! I like it!
Let's get some juicier info gentlemen!
Please and thank you.

Zach
(04-16-2016 01:04 AM)Zachbl92 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the response Pimp Daddy! Can't go wrong with GG headphones! Good start! I like it!
Please and thank you.

Zach

Z, I think your meds are starting to wear off again Chuckle

Joe
(04-16-2016 01:11 AM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-16-2016 01:04 AM)Zachbl92 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the response Pimp Daddy! Can't go wrong with GG headphones! Good start! I like it!
Please and thank you.

Zach

Z, I think your meds are starting to wear off again Chuckle

Joe
No, I had a energy drink. That I didn't know was a energy drink. I do not drink coffee or have sweets. And apparently its the equivalent of 3 or more cups or coffee. I drank it like juice. And now I think I'm gonna go metal detecting. Kidding, I wish, i totally would. But I think I need to go for a run!
Mooning
I am a fan of the GG Original. with the Explorers and the CTX due the variety of tones. I think with the AT you would be fine with the Originals as the tone variance is minimal on the AT. you will hear everything you need to hear with the originals.

Good Luck
I  don't know the technical stuff about them , but I love my GG amphibians.
I am hoping someone can get you the info you need .
Pat
Reference URL's