Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Pretty sure it's silver
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Coolest thing so far. Private beach , wish it were ALOT thinker, but silver is silver!!!!
It's gotta be silver, as it's marked sterling, so, SUPER find, PA!!! What exactly is it, a hair beret or something? It looks like it was originally folded over. Or is it a bar? That right there is a HUNK of silver love Yes Beer

Joe
:chuckle:Silver is silver especially when it says sterling. Question is what's it from ?? Very nice find. HH
I wish I knew what it was from. It was folded over but not in an organized kind of folded. It's about as thick as a piece of paper, no other marks except the sterling and what look like makers marks. I will try to get a good pic of the smaller marks. Don't know what they are but hopefully the pic is clear enough that someone will know.
Hallmarks are a real bear PA! Congrats on the find! Yes it's silver! Anything marked Sterling is .925 silver by weight. Most all pre 64 US coins are 90%, or .900 silver.
The three hallmarks usually contain a city, date, and country code. Not necessarily in that order. They did that on purpose to prevent forgery and keep track of their line of silver. Then there is a manufacturer's mark. I think the Delta shaped thing is the mfg. mark on your's. Great find. Could be an executive or letter paper clip. May have faint initial engraving on it.

Try this resource: http://www.925-1000.com/index.html

Ed/ODF
Reference URL's