Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: 1864? lead survey marker
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey I found this in my backyard, along the edge of the marsh. I will add a better picture in a couple weeks as I don't have it with me...it sounded like I found a car! It's a 1/2 lb lead disc in my water source. Thanks uncle sam, I believe it to be from a very early survey?
It certainly LOOKS like part of a car...that thing is huge! Chuckle Yeah, that'll blow your ears off, for sure, Dallas. How deep was it? How old is the property?

Joe
It was 8inches down and the property is old. Check out wollymammoth's mudlake kenosha Wi. Very old palo indians old...
(04-16-2016 11:57 PM)Dallas Johnson Wrote: [ -> ]It was 8inches down and the property is old. Check out wollymammoth's mudlake kenosha Wi. Very old palo indians old...

Just looked it up, OLD!!! Didn't know Kanosha had that much history. Nor did I know Al Molinaro of Happy Days was from there, lol.

I hope the parks you got re-opened are producing well for you, and again, great job!

Joe
Honestly the ground froze again just after the rules changed and I haven't even had the opportunity to get out since....I had work out of town. I will give You a hint, Treasure Coast Florida! Tuesday and Wednesday. I will keep you guys updated with how goes it. So Yes I freed the parks just for others! But save me some guys, I will be back!
(04-17-2016 12:27 AM)Dallas Johnson Wrote: [ -> ]Honestly the ground froze again just after the rules changed and I haven't even had the opportunity to get out since....I had work out of town. I will give You a hint, Treasure Coast Florida! Tuesday and Wednesday. I will keep you guys updated with how goes it. So Yes I freed the parks just for others! But save me some guys, I will be back!

If I lived in the town where you got the parks re-opened, I'd build a monument for you. We had a similar situation at some of the NY parks a few years back, which one of the detecting rights organizations wound up getting re-opened. They did a great job, but they're a funded, national group, whereas you're just one man. So, you get more credit for the miracle you worked, IMO.

Good luck on Treasure Coast, Dallas Yes

Joe
Thanks again for all of your encouragement I really didn't even think anybody would notice. I did it simply because what they did was wrong! They do it behind our backs in secret and I was prepared to the blow the whistle on some these bureaucrats! I kinda think some of our politicians need a refreasher course on the constitution. Just saying. Thanks again sincerely USA Dallas
Reference URL's