Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Today's finds 4/16/16
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Revisited two old house sites out in farm fields today, as the intended new site was unavailable. Turned out ok with an old coin from each site, an 1865 Indian Head cent and a dateless Young Head Canadian silver dime (1858-1901).
Pretty damn sweet digs...from a backup spot, no less! Nice, Nick.Beer

What happened to the Plan A location?

Joe
Nice recovery Nick. I'm partial to the Indian head cents. That 1865 is getting back pretty close to the first Indians minted.
(04-17-2016 12:54 AM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Pretty damn sweet digs...from a backup spot, no less! Nice, Nick.Beer

Joe

Plan A was thwarted by poor communication. The chain of permission went through about 6 people and one of them dropped the ball. At least it's not a "no" just a delay.
Sweet finds nicks. Hopefully that permission works out! Keep it up and happy hunting
(04-17-2016 04:35 PM)Nick A Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-17-2016 12:54 AM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Pretty damn sweet digs...from a backup spot, no less! Nice, Nick.Beer

Joe

Plan A was thwarted by poor communication. The chain of permission went through about 6 people and one of them dropped the ball. At least it's not a "no" just a delay.

Yeah, it happens. Like that old game of telephone, unfortunately. On the few older properties I've worked, unless the owner is right there, I like to have him/her on speed dial on my cell, so if there's any funny business, "Here, just give John a call, yourself." Having it in writing is good, too, but I never went that route.

Something similar happened to Scott Demont, a member here, about 6 weeks ago, which he got some of on video. The owner of a permission he scored wasn't home while he was hunting it, and the tenants came angrily barging outside, and approached him. It turned out okay once they knew what was going on, but it's a pain in the butt.

I hope Plan A comes through for you Happy

Joe
(04-17-2016 12:50 AM)Nick A Wrote: [ -> ]Revisited two old house sites out in farm fields today, as the intended new site was unavailable. Turned out ok with an old coin from each site, an 1865 Indian Head cent and a dateless Young Head Canadian silver dime (1858-1901).

Nice silver! Viccy so it's actually about 1837-1867 (viccys other years were older head or mourning head so great find!) Gl and hh!
Nice digs Scott YesYes

Gotta love old silver

Beer
(04-17-2016 05:59 PM)MichiganRelicHunter Wrote: [ -> ]Nice digs Scott YesYes

Gotta love old silver

Beer

Nick is the finder this time. But thanks anyways 

Great digs Nick. Good to see your out again
Great finds Nick. Hope the permission works out for you! At least we're able to get out without dressing like Nanook of the North!

Ed
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's