Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Nokta Fors Relic = Live digs/Field Test Video
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all,

like a few others here = I'm just getting out with my new FR machine as the weather has finally broke/allowed for some diggin/testing!

This is/was basically 1st run with the machine so I didn't cover a lot in regards to the machine itself in the video but I must say that so far I'm certainly impressed with what I've seen this far. It's sort of a FG+ machine but with the added features makes it a bit different too = it pushes into a league of its own for sure. The iron vol control is a welcome added feature for sure. The machine runs just as hot/if not hotter than the FG+ but you don't end up fatigued from hearing all the iron full blast like with the FG+

As stated in the vid = I ran it in Di2, sense at about 80/81, IDmask 3, Imask 0, iron vol 3, Tone break 10 for a bit but once I ventured into the site where the heavy iron/trash is = it didn't/doesn't seem to allow for that much power which I feel is better suited for a bit cleaner of a site where you can actually get some depth in running at that level so I switched to Di3 (3 tone), cranked sens max 99, dropped tone break to 32 (runs on a different scale than in Di2) and everything else the same as above and that's when the site started to come alive/finds started popping out amongst the iron/trash. Now - this isn't to say that running in Di2 in this site (or one like it with a lot of iron/trash) wouldn't produce finds but it just seems that it's way more power than needed for sifting and that the Di3 mode took a lot of the guesswork out of it.

Also as stated in the vid = I've ran 4/5 different machines in this site as well as my buddy using his ATP in it a few times so it's been hunted pretty well over the last year and a 1/2 but as you can see = the FR pulled a ton of stuff missed by all the other machines mentioned in the vid! I love the little 5" coil - it's deadly accurate and has an extremely tight pattern. You can literally stand in 1 place for 3 or 4 minutes in high trash/iron an pick several targets out without even moving an inch Happy

Anyway = I'll let the vid speak it's piece and go from there Yes

Watch vid here >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-lEWGXr...e=youtu.be
Looks like you have a good machine MRH. I'm looking forward to future videos once you get to know the machine better.
Great review Wayne! Yes

Ed
Good initial run down on the new unit. I'll probably never get to use one of the more exotic detectors, but I like it when peopleĀ  like you and Sven test them out and report. Good luck and keep the info flowing. I'll catch the video tonight.
Wayne, excellent video, but I don't know how you do it. I mean all of the testing. You must LOVE it, as if it were me, the constant learning curve that comes with each new unit would drive me batty! Chuckle I understand a lot carries over from different detectors, brands, experience, etc., but still, it's a lot of work. Kudos to you for having the will/endurance to test these, and provide detailed posts we can all chew on Yes

Joe
Reference URL's