Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Another music icon gone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
All the stars I grew up listening to are dying. R.I.P. Prince. I'm gonna plug in and play some blues.
I never got into his music much, Will, but, yes, insanely talented artist. Believe you me, it wasn't natural causes. Not at 57 when one has all the money in the world, and the best medical care to go along with it. Most likely culprit? Drugs, IMO.

Though I wasn't a big fan, it DOES suck when people you grew up with - famous & non - bite the bullet. Yepper, we're ALL getting older everyday No

Joe
Crap. I'd read he was sick or something. Talented artist. I remember when Dave Chappelle did that routine about Prince years ago and it was hilarious. I wonder if Dave will come out of hiding here in Ohio and say something about Prince.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment...-1.2610273

Happy trails bud! Now you can party like it's 1999!

Ed
Prince was an innovator. He really set the stage for the pop/blues amalgamation. I'm with Joe on the COD. There's rumor about him having a prescription drug addiction (percocet). It is a known fact that his private jet had to make a medical emergency landing and he was taken to hospital. He was released only a couple of hours later. If someone is really sick, there's blood work, cardiograms and other diagnostic testing that needs to be done. Never in my 17 years in Healthcare have I ever seen someone discharged after two hours because of a serious undiagnosed medical condition. Now, someone who is going through withdrawal, depending on the drug, could receive methadone and be discharged after two hours. Or someone who has taken too much of an opioid can receive Naloxone and be discharged. All of his autopsy results came back normal with the exception of his toxicology reports, which will be released within the next couple of weeks. Kind of a no brainer if you ask me. Too bad he's gone, but he obviously had some pain in his life in order for him to turn to substance abuse. Maybe he's happier now...we will never know. The Queen turned 90 and the Prince died...uncanny!
(04-21-2016 06:41 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]I never got into his music much, Will, but, yes, insanely talented artist. Believe you me, it wasn't natural causes. Not at 57 when one has all the money in the world, and the best medical care to go along with it. Most likely culprit? Drugs, IMO.

Though I wasn't a big fan, it DOES suck when people you grew up with - famous & non - bite the bullet. Yepper, we're ALL getting older everyday No

Joe
I read it was complications with flu, r.i.p
I heard that too Viper. It puzzles me how nothing would show up in the autopsy if he had some type of flu. Just in routine blood work during the autopsy, it would show an elevated white blood cell count. That would be an immediate red flag that there was an infection or immune response. I personally think there's way more to it.
Just as I suspected, and as RM touched on, there WAS some sort of foul play at hand, regarding opiates. This shouldn't come as a surprise, as probably about two thirds of the Hollywood/music set are all screwed up with SOME form of addiction issues, but only time (and the toxicology reports) will tell if these opiates had any direct correlation to his death. My guess...

Absofrigginlutely Yes

Joe
Mine too Joe. Percocet apparently
The guy never got fat, even though, like the rest of us, he got older. No beer belly, nothing. Didn't even lose his hair. And he was even still able to sashay around in his high heels! Chuckle He was either a workout FANATIC, or the drugs were helping him stay trim Wink

Joe
Reference URL's