Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Stop and Listen. 2.5 Gram 10K
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
No BS. Raining lightly. Back to the same area. Get there, about 30 feet in, get a whisper of a mid tone signal, go over the spot a couple of times from different angles. She's reading a wobbly 15-02, 15-03, miss it on pinpointing with the SE, it's about three inches south, from where the Garrett Carrot tells me. Dig down in some real gravelly soil and at about 2 inches find this. Not much. 2.5 grams, 10K. Test matches.

Have fun out there and HAPPY HUNTING!

See, you really don't need a beach. If you know where to look!

Ed/ODF
Ohh man that is nice. Great job on that one Ed. You made me think about my hunt today hearing faintest of signals and i passed them by. Thanks sensai
Good job sniffing out the Claddagh ring!!
Great find!
The gold man struck gold again! Keep it up Ed! Awesome finds.
(04-21-2016 09:47 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]No BS. Raining lightly. Back to the same area. Get there, about 30 feet in, get a whisper of a mid tone signal, go over the spot a couple of times from different angles. She's reading a wobbly 15-02, 15-03, miss it on pinpointing with the SE, it's about three inches south, from where the Garrett Carrot tells me. Dig down in some real gravelly soil and at about 2 inches find this. Not much. 2.5 grams, 10K. Test matches.

Have fun out there and HAPPY HUNTING!

See, you really don't need a beach. If you know where to look!

Ed/ODF

Nice! 2016 does seem to be becoming a good year!!!! Gl and hh!
Nice claddagh, Ed Beer

Joe
Very cool, congratulations - the numbers were off a little I would think but was the sound there?
(04-26-2016 03:30 PM)Bigtony Wrote: [ -> ]Very cool, congratulations - the numbers were off a little I would think but was the sound there?

Yes Big T, the tone was what made me dig it. So far I haven't ever found any gold with the numbers ending in -01! The tone is an unmistakable middle kind of even grunt. No variance and solid. And I've dug so much can slaw with the same numbers it's astounding. Sometimes you just can't tell. So far my numbers were 12-02 (14K plain but heavy wedding band), 15-02/03 the claddagh ring above and 10-06 for that small wedding band in the banner. If the numbers vary too much but the tone stays the same I pass it up, from experience of digging junk. If the numbers stay pretty stable and the tone remains the same I dig it. I may be passing up gold chains and I know it, but I get to some fields where I'd have to dig every 6" of soil to find out and I ain't built for that kind of hunting anymore. Hope this helps!

Ed
Ed, of course it does help. Thanks for posting.
Yeah, I kinda figured you had the sound down so in those cases I too ignore the numbers. You are right when the numbers stay close to what you know then I dig - just in case.
On the explorer II - I like the screen display when checking for gold - usually falls in the iron zone and barely touching the clear area to the right.
Large school rings are much different - they are penny signals - crazy I know but it is what it is....
hope that helps too.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's