Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: possible military medal????
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Went to the farm today to the farm next to the barn i found this. I think military metal but haven't a clue where to search next. Any help greatly appreciated [attachment=8196][attachment=8197][attachment=8198]
Is that text on the reverse of the piece? If so, there's probably a clue on what the item is, within it. Or, someone might be able to i.d. it based on the figure on the front of the item. Are there any maker marks?

Whatever it is, it's SWEET!

Joe
very nice find looks maybe a riffle man badge of some kind
I was thinking what steveo mentioned. Either way its damn cool. Best of luck on the research! I'm sure you'll figure it out!
Yours is obviously different, but there's some similarities to the one, below. Namely, the figure on the front and rifle. So, as Steveo said, a sharpshooter or rifleman badge seems to make the most sense, but that's only a guess.

Joe
Every little hint helps in the search. Back to google i guess
Need more info to go on. I see the hat on the rifleman, and that makes me think WWI soldier. I agree with others that it's probably not military though.

If it were mine, I'd be scrubbing up the back where it looks like there's some wording and trying to see what I could see with the loupe.

I'm also assuming the disc on the back is molded in as opposed to soldered on, but it looks like it might be a separate piece?
Here is a couple close ups Nick. The medal is ine solid piece and is very small writing but still can't make anything out. Also i Googled national guard medals and there is the same man as the medal i found. But i got nowhere [attachment=8209][attachment=8210]
UNAUTHORIZED MEXICAN BORDER SERVICE RIBBON AND MEDAL 1916: This has the red white and blue original ribbon with the hanging medal and the gold color inset disk with the soldier on the front and the lords prayer on the back in VERY small writing.
Sweet ID Ron! Awesome! Its a long ways from home!!!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's