Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: 9.3 Gram .800 Wierd Silver Ring!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Back to the same ring bonanza area and completed my sweeps as far as I can take them. Found this in around 30 minutes, 5" down in compacted gravel. This area is a bridle trail and it has been hunted. Whopper of a signal reading a strong 00-29 or 1-30, depending on which way I swung it. Almost thought it was a can at first but it was too tight and too high a tone. Took me about 10 minutes to muscle my way through the gravel. I tested it against a .925 ring to compare the color and it looks like it's an .800 grade silver as it has no markings whatsoever. Notice the staining. It's not very well mixed silver. And the emblem on it is weird! It's either a T or some kind of cross. But the two hands with the + marks on them, all I can think of is maybe Rosicrucians.

Anyway, I've covered this area now 13 times, and it's a slow go because some of it is very trashed out. I would say the entire path is about a mile total. I did it in 300 to 400 foot long stretches of back and forth, back and forth using trees and sometimes scraping a mark with my Hori, Hori on the path to give me an endpoint/startpoint. Those little 1" square super sticky Post It notes are great to mark smooth trees with. (Blue, easier to spot!) I use them all the time and remove them when I'm done. In some areas I could do about a dozen 4 foot wide swaths but in others, because of swamp like or overly brushy areas, I could only do about tops 6. Now the undergrowth is again taking over so it won't be until Winter until I get back there again. And the snakes are popping out all over. All harmless, and "they" get my heart thumping, as you don't throw caution to the wind with snakes!!

Have fun out there guys and gals and HAPPY HUNTING!

Dear Lord I love this hobby!!

Ed
You find the rings , i'll find the coins lol. Great looking ring Ed.  And thanks something else now to google search. Looks like sign language fingers on each hand are different.
Cool ring, congratulations!

Two arms holding a capital T emblem, interesting design, could be special made.
Sweeeeet! Back at it again! Its a never ending cycle with these rings! I'm calling a nice gold one soon! Yes
That is an awesome ring , if I found it and could figure out that it didn't stand for something I did not for some odd reason I would consider wearing it.
  I'm with Zach , I feel you are headed for a gold ring find!
HH
Pat
Thanks fellas! Would like a gold ring again but it'll have to be luck as I haven't hit my pull tab/can slaw/foil dig numbers yet since the last one. Chuckle Of course statistics never lie but there is the matter of location.

Ed
(04-27-2016 05:47 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]Back to the same ring bonanza area and completed my sweeps as far as I can take them. Found this in around 30 minutes, 5" down in compacted gravel. This area is a bridle trail and it has been hunted. Whopper of a signal reading a strong 00-29 or 1-30, depending on which way I swung it. Almost thought it was a can at first but it was too tight and too high a tone. Took me about 10 minutes to muscle my way through the gravel. I tested it against a .925 ring to compare the color and it looks like it's an .800 grade silver as it has no markings whatsoever. Notice the staining. It's not very well mixed silver. And the emblem on it is weird! It's either a T or some kind of cross. But the two hands with the + marks on them, all I can think of is maybe Rosicrucians.

Anyway, I've covered this area now 13 times, and it's a slow go because some of it is very trashed out. I would say the entire path is about a mile total. I did it in 300 to 400 foot long stretches of back and forth, back and forth using trees and sometimes scraping a mark with my Hori, Hori on the path to give me an endpoint/startpoint. Those little 1" square super sticky Post It notes are great to mark smooth trees with. (Blue, easier to spot!)  I use them all the time and remove them when I'm done. In some areas I could do about a dozen 4 foot wide swaths but in others, because of swamp like or overly brushy areas, I could only do about tops 6.  Now the undergrowth is again taking over so it won't be until Winter until I get back there again. And the snakes are popping out all over. All harmless, and "they" get my heart thumping, as you don't throw caution to the wind with snakes!!

Have fun out there guys and gals and HAPPY HUNTING!

Dear Lord I love this hobby!!

Ed

Nice ring! Never heard of .800 before! Well done! Gl and hh!
Awesome find!! Very unique design. You must have one heck of a pile of rings!
Reference URL's