Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: clad for the year
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm curious as to how much clad the hunters on this site find on average in a year ? There is a guy down here in Texas who isn't more than hour away who has already hit over $800.00. Another hunter is over $230.00 for the year. Those totals are nothing to sneeze at. Most could use an extra $500.00 or so , especially if you're looking to buy a new machine.

Fess up fellas. What's your average per year ?
Last year was the first year i kept track. My total was just under $39. I am over $10 so far this yearCool
$800? That's nuts! $200 is still damn impressive.
So far this year, I've found 3 cents. Lol. 3 Stinkin Lincolns! All my hunts have been old farm fields, and that's it. I'd like to broaden my search areas soon though. I'd really like to get some clad or early 1900s coinage for a change...Tongue
My clad totals are usually in the 25 to 50 dollar range for a year , I hunt a lot of parks , but so do many others.
   I see posts on other sites where some guys find 10 or 15 bucks in one hunt it makes me jealous.
HH
Pat
200 to 300. I tumble and roll in June and January. Otherwise it becomes too much of a task. I haven't rolled any pennies for about a year and a half and have a full plastic shoebox and quart mason jar of them. I hate pennies. I'd guess about $50 worth. I think I'm just going to take them to a coinstar machine.
My total, including the 2.74 I got today is 34.74. 

I've only been doing this a few months, so I wont have an average until next year at this time, but if it keeps going at this pace, I will have a big pile 'o coinage.
It's really just a factor of how often you can get out. Two or three bucks a day adds up over the year. One year I had $980+ but average 7 or 800 a year pretty easy. Boring if you don't run across jewelry often,,,,I've been slacking this year and am just now tumbling my fifth batch in my 3# HF tumbler that holds about 50 bucks of non copper.
Thanks for the responses fellas. Obviously as mentioned, how often you hunt plays a huge role. I barely get to hunt. I work way too much. I probably have a hundred bucks or so  in 2 years of detecting.

And yes a ring or two makes the ante even better.
The first few years I didn't get much at all. Then I was determined and set new goals when I went coin shooting. I guess around 70 to 100 per year but now that I am trying for more silvers my clad counts and gold items are way down.
Reference URL's