Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: #19 FTY, muddy Merc!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Went to an old long gone ball field that's been hammered to death and where portions were overfilled to make the park bigger. So I followed the old lay of the land back and forth. This area was beneath the newer fill by grade and real mushy in spots but overall like soft butter to cut a plug. Went there with the intention of strictly hunting for gold and in the process dug up this and a no date buff and wheat (not shown). I was kind of surprised because I've hunted the areas before and really never found anything. But as you can see the spot I found this Merc in was one of those fringe ponded areas. The hole filled up with water shortly after I was able to shoot pics and stow the coin. As I was searching for gold, I also found about 6 Jefferson's total, the oldest being a 48, which are also not shown. This signal was pretty good on 26 Sense with gain at 6. One thing about tones that high is you can't pass them up. About 7 inches down right at the bottom of the wet plug.

Have fun out there guys and gals and HAPPY HUNTING!!

Ed/ODF
Cool, congratulations!
MURICA!
Congrats on #19!
That big gold is coming soon!!!
After seeing this silver i need another shower. Chuckle  Great find Ed.
I love digging in the mud! But then again I also like root canal! Nice going.
Gerry
(04-30-2016 07:23 PM)scott demont Wrote: [ -> ]After seeing this silver i need another shower. Chuckle  Great find Ed.

Man Scott, right on point! Good thing this is laundry day for me. And my Saturday shower!! Chuckle

(04-30-2016 07:39 PM)Gerry F Wrote: [ -> ]I love digging in the mud! But then again I also like root canal! Nice going.
Gerry

Chuckle Gerry!! I look at it this way. Once your in, your in!! If I'm going to look like a Marine Corp grunt going through basic from the onset, may as well make it work!!

Thanks! Yes

Ed
Nice dig! I still feel like you are going to hit gold , especially with all the jewelry hunting you have been doing.
HH
Pat
(04-30-2016 09:57 PM)Digsit Wrote: [ -> ]Nice dig! I still feel like you are going to hit gold , especially with all the jewelry hunting you have been doing.
HH
Pat

I'm giving it the honest try Pat, but the trash is crazy! I've dug so much can slaw, pull tabs, beavertails and foil, it's simply beyond comprehension. But I'll keep on keepin' on!

Ed
Nice find Ed = silver's always good Yes

Beer
Reference URL's