Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Somebody Pinch Me
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I should complain more often. I was bitching about not finding any big silver a couple weeks ago, now it's almost leaping from the ground. 

This has been my best month in this hobby EVER. One for the history books.

Went out today with my buddy Fluke (Tony), his son AJ, and Tony's friend, Frank. We started at 7am. Not 10 minutes after getting to the spot, I get a good but scratchy signal. Thinking merc 100%. Nope. I pull out a standing liberty. Date is worn, which is par for the course. Just some wheats for the remainder of hunt at that spot. Tony however got a merc & a nice barber dime Yes

Tony, AJ & Frank had to go at about 11:30, but, I was just getting started. I hit one of my old stand-by parks. I get there & I see the two older gentlemen I met a few weeks ago...small world. 

I started off by pulling a nice Indian. 1890. This is the first Indian I've ever dug that has its natural copper color. Always green. So, that was a weird but good surprise. Then, the two guys call me over, to show me they found a merc & a barber dime. We chatted a bit, then I started hunting again. Few minutes later, I get a diggable signal, however, it was scattered in the high range & a bit messy. Dug the plug, and down maybe 4 or 5", a big disc pops out. It looked like a copper. Too small to be a largie, and too big too be a shield or v nickel though. I was stumped. Took it over to the 2 gentlemen, and we were trying to figure it out. Then, one of them noticed the coin was reeded. We hit it with some water, and I could barely make out the letters UNI. After a little more cleaning, we could tell it was a barber quarter. This thing looks EXACTLY like silvers do when found in saltwater, with a black/green crud. Strange.
Appears to be a 19something. I'm gonna throw it in the tumbler & hope for the best.

I'm ecstatic. I only realized this a few hours ago, but, I think I hit the quarter quadfecta for this month. I've gotten a seated, a standing liberty, and a barber. I'm pretty sure I dug a washington too, but, can't remember. Silver is not easy to find nowadays, so, I want to thank whoever or whatever is gracing me with these finds Yes

I also got at the second spot, a lead buffalo charm & an old lighter. Got about 8 wheats from both spots, too.

Tony & I are hitting the dirt again tomorrow. Lets see if I can keep the ball rolling Happy

Joe
Great day for sure. It is weird the indian is the right color and the silver isn't. Nice buffalo.
Very good hunt dude. Man that barber is Crusty....maybe hit it with electolosis.
Sweet SLQ !!

Looks like the barber was in a fire!!

Congrats on some nice finds!
Going to call you the Quartermaster !!!! Looks like the barber may have been in a fire at sometime.
:yes:Nice job joe, we were just talking about that spot this morn, somebody said it was done. I guess in 31 years detecting you should listen to the wise man LOL. Maybe there's more stuff there, Yes!!! See you in morning.
(09-21-2013 07:42 PM)Flukenut65 Wrote: [ -> ]:yes:Nice job joe, we were just talking about that spot this morn, somebody said it was done. I guess in 31 years detecting you should listen to the wise man LOL. Maybe there's more stuff there, Yes!!! See you in morning.

Hahaha, yes, you were right, Samaurai Warrior Bandit We just never gave that section enough time. Note to self: Never Assume!!! Nerd
Reference URL's