Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Draped bust!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I went to the cellar hole that has produced a variety of colonial coppers. The land owner had done some digging with his tractor, so I decided to give it a try. I only had 15 minutes, and the first signal came after 5 minutes. It was really muddy, and being in sneakers,I couldn't move much. I found a rock to stand on and swung around it, and that's when I got a solid 11:44 on the etrac. It was obviously a copper, but I had no idea what it was until I got home. It's a 1798 Draped Bust large cent, style 1. Here it is after a little toothpick love. Thanks for looking folks!

[Image: 14623015973380_zpsqngn7ay2.jpg]
Killer find!

I vote banner on this one Yes

BeerBeer

PS
In researching this coin = seems you found a small fortune! Somewhere in the $800 to $1000 range as dug!

Congrats!
Sweet find for 15 minutes and standing on a rock! Lol. Came out beautiful YesYesBeer
Ohhh man what a great coin. BANNER all the wayYesYesHappy
Thank you gents! The other side has some decent detail but it's crusty. I'm scared to clean that side.

[Image: 14623092743080_zpsese44e7j.jpg]
Very cool! I can't wait to find my first old coin! Your coin is really pretty!
Mighty fine coin. Congrats

Banner all the way!!
Congrats on the Draped Bust, great looking coin!!!
Nice find on the Draped Bust! Congratulations!
Man what a killer find Relic!! I vote banner as well! That's a rare find!! WTG!! YesBeer

Ed/ODF
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's