Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Two surprises in one hole!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello all, I was able to get out this afternoon for a few hours. I decided to go back and try again but it didn't have good pay dirt. So I moved into another area and saw some paths and cut bushes. The paths didn't have pay dirt except for clad.
The two surprises in one hole came near a cut down Hydrangea bush.
The machine didn't know what this signal was so I slowed down to an ant crawl and was finally able to get a quarter reading in a tiny area. Crazy, I did up a 1964 Washington quarter. Cool - so why did the machine have a problem with this? I then use my pin pointer and get a great tone, I dig down towards the back and a little deeper and out pops a 1944 mercury dime.
Too cool for me - this hasn't happened to me in a very long time - two surprises in the same hole made me a happy detectorist today!
WOO HOO!! That's the way to do it Big T! WTG!!! Yes Beer Great double whammy!!!!

Those screwy readings get me too! That's why I dig em'!!!! The tone is the real answer. Dug a 45 Wheat today in and Iron field with a 15-28, 14-29 bouncy digital, which I was sure was a old rusty nail, but the tone was Wheatie!! Simply love it!

Ed
Thanks Ed, yeah you are right, dig em is the way to go.
Congratulations on the wheat
Super duper BigTony! That is awesome, I know you were excited, we would have been too. So glad you found those today, and hope you find more in another hole next time. Happy Congrats and thanks for sharing. Nice pictures too!
Sweet! Two coins or two of anything in one hole is always great! Nice job and awesome finds Yes
Sweet. You probably didn't think 35 cents would put a smile on your face.
Updown, Zach and Pittsburg dude, thanks for the kudos and yes you are right - I now know that 35 cents can put a smile on my face! Too cool -
Nice Tony. Love those double silver finds.
Gerry
Awesome finds , and a great reminder to always rescan the hole.

pat

(05-12-2016 09:06 PM)Zachbl92 Wrote: [ -> ]Sweet! Two coins or two of anything in one hole is always great! Nice job and awesome finds Yes

I don't know , I've dug two pull tabs in a hole before .... No smile on my face then.

Tongue
Double bingo in the hole. Gotta love when that happens. Yes.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's