Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Clad hunting and..............
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Last Sunday:
Had the stock coil on as I had a short time to go detecting and wanted to cover a lot ground.
Went to a spot where the ground is usually pretty hard, we had some rain, so it wasn't to bad today.
Found stuff here before but, not much, not too far away so figured give it another shot.

The Quest was running very nicely today, hunted in all metal mode. Dug a bunch of trash as well as a whole bunch of Canadian clad. Sort of not digging anything lower than 47 target ID #.
Cluing in more now whats a coin vs. trash. What a deep penny is, when to dig an low digit iron ID target and now pinpointing almost as precisely as a concentric coil.
One thing to watch is if you get a 90's number for a split second and it stays in the low single digit numbers. Its a Canadian clad coin doing a wrap around.

Haven't sorted my bag of goodies out yet, I know there's at least

20 pennies
3 dimes
5 nickles
5 quarters
2 $1 coins

I enjoyed using the Quest this evening, looking forward to using it again.
And the Deteknix pinpointer came in handy for a few of the coins that were deeper than I thought.

Fast forward 4 days later:
Rain stopped, sun came out and dried things up by evening time.
Grabbed the Quest and headed back to the spot I previously hunted for an hour or so.
Today decided to hunt in disc mode instead of in all metal.
I used some settings the guys like using when cherry picking with the T2.
Stock coil on again.
Gain 90, Disc ID Filter 50( don't want to miss the gold), 2+ tones.
A bit chatty at the high Gain as to be expected.
Surprised the first coin was a $1 about 5" deep. target signal acme thru nice and clear amongst the background chatter.
Then dug a pull tab and a penny, next target after that was another $1 coin, this is great all within 10 minutes.
Usually I dig about 1 target every two minutes until I fall over. Some targets took longer to dig, switched over to all metal mode to compare
audio responses like I used to do when operating a Tesoro. Then others where deeper than expected or I just couldn't find them, so the pinpointer
was used to speed things up.I still resist the temptation to pull the pinpointer out of the holster. Grabbing it only if needed.

After about an hour, the junk in my pouch was a lot less than usual. I was able to cover a larger area faster not digging the target ID numbers less than 50.
And still found  a nice handful of coins plus a dog collar chain, a key and the 9" deep pop can, thought I had a large silver coin....
Found another $1 coin, a number of quarters, nickels, dimes and pennies.

My hunt got cut short by the security guard on duty per request by management. We chatted for about 20 minutes before he got called back in. Looks like,
there will be no problem hunting the site on the days, the entire site is closed. I wasn't bothered by the security guard on duty the previous time making numerous rounds.
That was a closed day with no management, personal or clients of the facilities on site.

Overall, the Quest delivered a bunch of goodies, performed depth wise as good or better than other detectors I have used hunting the same type conditions for the same type targets.

A nice feature of the Quest is the fact it retains all your settings in memory. So you can custom taylor the other factory pre-set programs to your liking...........
Wow Sven that quest is nailing those sgnals. Hearing your posts tell me that machine is worth checking out Yes
(05-13-2016 09:47 AM)scott demont Wrote: [ -> ]Wow Sven that quest is nailing those sgnals. Hearing your posts tell me that machine is worth checking out Yes

The revised improved version of the Quest Pro MK1 known as the MKII is in production from what I have heard and should make its debut the end of the month. You'll probably want to check that one out....I would be tickled pink if I got one of those to field test.
Well done review Sven! Can see where you're coming from with the latter settings. Experience in detecting makes a big difference with a new machine. And you have it in spades!! Nice catch on all the coin btw. Wish our modern dollar coins were more circulated. Don't find many of them here.

Ed
Cool digs, I love to only coin shoot and those large coins help fill your pouch fast!
Reference URL's