Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: A couple of silvery firsts!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was invited by Hunter1 aka Mr Mortar to play on one of his permissions for the morning. This home site was at its busiest during the latter half of the 1800s, and held two houses at one time. It started off slow, not for targets, but for keepers. First up was either a pendant or the back of a 2 piece button. I'm leaning toward pendant. Dug some other stuff that you see in the group shot, then the first coin came. 187? Indian head. Managed to get a Barber quarter which is a first for me, and same with the dime. Got a screaming penny signal from the end of the property and out popped the large copper. At first I thought it was a KG II or III but I think it may be a Vicky penny. (Bun head 1860-1894) Got another indian and could see a clear date of 1879 before i put it in my pocket. When i took it out, it was roached...couldn't see hardly anything. Had a horrible crap signal at 7", coming in at an 18:33ish. To my surprise, out popped a 1920 fishscale. Only off by one year but it makes a huge difference! It was a good hunt all around. Thanks for looking and HH!

[Image: 14631863305973_zpsgbynt3wl.jpg]

[Image: 14631862764310_zpse5siieou.jpg]

[Image: 14631862981921_zpsuc2pwkjt.jpg]

[Image: 14631863102232_zpscomhctfq.jpg]

[Image: 14631863441614_zpsis9vtl2y.jpg]
[Image: 14631863616525_zpsjwgaydfc.jpg]
great finds and wow lots of silver love the bell and looks like lots of clock parts
Congrats
Medic that is what i call a very good hunt. Love the bell and who don't like to see silver in a hole. YesWink
That's a damn good day for sure! And nice of your buddy to share. I also really like the bell and the coins! Keep at it!!!YesBeer
Man Relic, that's the way to do it!! Yes Beer Triples on silver is a damn good day. Like that bell and the clock parts. Makes you wonder why an alarm clock is out there.

Ed
Great coins. Looks like an awesome site.
Reference URL's