Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Crazy token and #24
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all, I found a crazy token, it might be from 1975 or around that time period - it reads "GETTONE TELEFONICO" - I looked it up and found out it is an Italian pay telephone token, crazy for sure. I also got a rectangle compact which I was hoping was a half dollar from the tone. I also scored a 1962 Washington quarter. The wheat penny is 1930 that I got in my change today.
Not to shabby! Congrats on #24 and the very interesting token!
Cool transit token Yes

Nice silver too!

Beer
Thanks Zach.

MRH, that is a crusty Telephone token from Italy. You give them cash and then put the token into a coin operated telephone, funny nowadays you don't see any payphones.
Nice catch on the Washington Big T!! Yes Tokens like that Italian one were used in the US too back in the 20', 30's & 40's. They are real hard to find. Nice catch on that too! They used them to keep people from breaking into the change boxes on the payphones.

Ed
#24 NICE Tony. Dont you just love that signal that gets your heart thumping. And the wham not what ya thought. The compact is nice though.
Scott, you are right about the heart pumping.....too funny
BigTony congrats on the silver, and token. You have been doing well. Keep'em coming and thanks for sharing.
Ed, I didn't know that was why they issued those phone tokens, crazy but I guess it worked. I also didn't think it could be that old either. Online informations says the date is four digits on the front, 7506 for June 1975. So there are plenty of them out there.
The token came in at a steady 04 28 (dimes are 03 28/29) and sounded like copper so that is why I dug it. It was a nice surprise.

Thanks Updownup - I will if I can get back out there this Thursday for dirt fishing and maybe a one hour beach hunt on Friday.
Good luck out there
Reference URL's