Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Why aren't there more cashes found in the US?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(06-15-2016 11:05 PM)Knipper Wrote: [ -> ]I really believe caches are found frequently here.  Check out any of Karl Von Mueller's books, and read about his feelings on the subject.

I suspect the reason you don't hear about them, is that the finder has wisely kept his mouth shut!.  In England, you don't get to keep the hoard, but they will pay you fair market value for it...tax free!....and you then split the amount 50/50 with the landowner.  It's a fair system.  Therefore there is no reason not to shout out to the world about what you found, as you will get to keep your share, and get good press about finding the ancient hoard.

Over here, you blab about finding a cache, and you'll have people coming out of the woodwork claiming it, whether the claim is legit or not. The lawyers are the only ones that win.
So, If I find a jar of gold coins, or a bundle of currency,....sorry guys...no one will know about it, as I'd like to keep it.  Wink

You are so right , I look at the coin caches that you do hear about , mostly in California and think I wouldn't say a word to avoid the lawyers. I would just sell one or two coins in different locales every so often and be happy.....
For the most part caches aren't buried deep. When people were hiding their money they weren't going to spend 30-40 minutes digging a hole in fear of being seen.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's