Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Beach hunt West Coast
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We went hunting again. Hit the beaches, not a lot to show but it was fun and we picked up a few trinkets. I mostly hunt in the water. My best was a 925 wedding band. My friend was mostly wet and dry sand. He found the only gold a decent size earring. (His finds not shown) He found more clad as well. Not as many targets in the water. Would walk 300 yards or more before getting a target sometimes. Anyway, maybe next time we will need to go to the car to empty our porches. Hahaha. Thanks for looking.

[attachment=8434]

[attachment=8435]
Nice wedding band Up!! Yes Beer

I love it when I find any kind of silver on a trip. Makes the hunt worthwhile. Been a real bust here. I'm due for another string of finds as wheats and clad have been driving me nuts! But you know, it's all about location. I keep going over the same spots (True definition of insanity!) over and over expecting different results. The temps here last week were in the upper 80's and humid with little wind. Makes the hunt real short when you just can't stand the heat anymore. So hot I didn't wear my traditional baseball cap and now my scalp is peeling off a burn. Chuckle

Thing about beaches and surf though is it's an ever changing substrate. So good luck on your next outing!!

Ed
Thanks Ed for the words of encouragement. Like you said, the beaches could be better next time. I agree, the silver wedding made it worth it. Happy

Here's my friends finds. As you know, you find more in the sands, trash included. Several reason why. Just for the fact you can swing without resistant and cover more ground is just one. And you still have a chance of finding rings and other nice jewelry too. He found the 14k earring and titanium ring. Too bad, he wasn't able to find the other one.

[attachment=8436]

[attachment=8437]
Very nice up! Idk how you do it. 300 yds in the water without a target? That's some silence for sure! Are the waves rough there? When I fish ocean city nj and walk out to cast...I get beat up quite often by breaking waves right 10ft in! Lol.
I can't wait to start beach detecting though. Sounds relaxing and much like field hunting.
Nice haul for a days fun Yes

BeerBeer
Yeah, cool stuf, a good day at the beach is always enjoyable for me
(06-05-2016 12:10 PM)updownup Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Ed for the words of encouragement. Like you said, the beaches could be better next time. I agree, the silver wedding made it worth it. Happy

Here's my friends finds. As you know, you find more in the sands, trash included. Several reason why. Just for the fact you can swing without resistant and cover more ground is just one. And you still have a chance of finding rings and other nice jewelry too. He found the 14k earring and titanium ring. Too bad, he wasn't able to find the other one.

Those are some very nice finds as well! Yes to your bud on the beach!

Ed
Nice beach finds by the both of you. Your wedding band is great looking Yes
(06-05-2016 07:43 AM)updownup Wrote: [ -> ]We went hunting again. Hit the beaches, not a lot to show but it was fun and we picked up a few trinkets. I mostly hunt in the water. My best was a  925 wedding band. My friend was mostly wet and dry sand. He found the only gold a decent size earring. (His finds not shown)  He found more clad as well. Not as many targets in the water. Would walk 300 yards or more before getting a target sometimes. Anyway, maybe next time we will need to go to the car to empty our porches. Hahaha. Thanks for looking.

Nice finds! What's that goldish looking coin in the middle? Gl and hh!
[/quote]

Nice finds! What's that goldish looking coin in the middle? Gl and hh!
[/quote]

It is a Tampa Bay 2012 Gasparilla Festival token. This festival has been taken place since 1904

José Gaspar, known by his nickname Gasparilla (supposedly lived c. 1756 – 1821), is an apocryphal Spanish pirate, the "last of the Buccaneers," who is claimed to have roamed the Gulf of Mexico and the Spanish Main from his base in southwest Florida during the late 18th and early 19th centuries. Though he is a popular figure in Florida folklore, no mention of Gaspar appears in writing before the early 20th century, and no archival or physical evidence of his existence has ever been found.

José Gaspar's legend is celebrated every year in Tampa with the Gasparilla Pirate Festival, which was first held in 1904.
Reference URL's